Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jarrett's 27 roadster

I was there with both of you and I did not get to go a hunnert miles per hour......My photo were only taken at about 25 MPH...…..13728984_10206873561022925_2118542426747480255_n.jpg

It's been 10 days since I posted my offer , seems you're not interested. So , I withdraw my offer. Would you be interested in a track nose instead ? I also have a pair of early chevy finned aluminum valve covers. If you want the track nose and/or the finned aluminum valve covers , let me know . Okay ?

I just called him. He said he can't log in for some reason. He's gonna get with Ron and get it fixed. He has a T shell now. Sorry about the delay

Ifin you put a 3.73 fear gear in it, you'll be able to top 200 hunnert MPH with 23 MPG. Don't listen to me for I don't want you hurt or me either cause I can't afford to get hurt anymore as it HURTS.

Its been a lot of years since I was really interested in this stuff but , its actually easier to do a burnout with a lower(numerical) rear gear than with a higher one , something to do with torque application . You get better traction with slower wheel speed (higher numerical gear ratio) than with a lower . Its pretty easy to blow the tires off a 3.08 gear car ,all things being equal, compared to a 4.56 rear car..

Keeping in mind he's running a little 305 but does have a 700R4, having something in the 3.73 to 4.11 range will make it feel more like a healthy 383 around town, while the OD will give great mpg and low revs while cruising at interstate speeds. Something in the 3.43 range would be a spot on compromise with a 350/400 trans to keep the mpg up and rpm 's down, but since he's got overdrive, why not take advantage of it.

I'd look at a Chevy S10 rear from a later 4WD. Lots of them around at reasonable cost, you could opt for disk or drum, and they had a fairly wide range of gear ratios / positraction available. For a '27, you'll need the extra width of the 4WD version over a regular S10 rear. You'll need about 62" wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back