Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jarrett's 27 roadster

Cooter's dad took over this project and is after Cooter to finish it up for the 2022 season. I will get him to answer your question Spanky.............

I have a question for Cooter. What's the stall speed of the converter you put in your auto tranny ( your 23 t bucket ) ?? I had a 700r4 tranny rebuilt , the rebuilder plans for me to use a 2300 stall speed converter. Is this stall speed high enough ? Or , will i need a higher stall speed. I want my t bucket to be a daily driver. I'm using a 327 sbc ( i believe you used a 283 sbc ).

DonnyRay I don't have an answer, but I did just do some texting with the Cooter, and he changed his email and now he does not remember his password he is trying to get back here with Ron's help...I bet he will show up here soon.......

I have a question for Cooter. What's the stall speed of the converter you put in your auto tranny ( your 23 t bucket ) ?? I had a 700r4 tranny rebuilt , the rebuilder plans for me to use a 2300 stall speed converter. Is this stall speed high enough ? Or , will i need a higher stall speed. I want my t bucket to be a daily driver. I'm using a 327 sbc ( i believe you used a 283 sbc ).
Hello-- I have a 2800 stall in mine with 700r4 with 327 cu. and 3:70 rear and would like to have more. These cars are very light, mine 1900 #. These cars are not heavy enough to have the resistance on the convertor needed. If doing over would go with more convertor 3000-3500.

Sorry I havent gotten back with you. Had some Email issues and am now back in service. Im running a 1397 stall DG5F. 283 is .060 over and stock cam. idles at 550 RPM. 700R4 with 3.42 gear. It works but a 1800 stall would have been better for me.

That’s a GPS converter from JEGS for the JEGS speedometer.
Jeez, our rides are getting too high-tech. I for one long for the old days when men were manly, women were decorative, and T-buckets were crude and noisy. What's next, electronic fuel injection and solar panels? Stay strong and lusty, my fellow Vikings! Now I must take my Valium with warm milk and have a nap.

Jeez, our rides are getting too high-tech. I for one long for the old days when men were manly, women were decorative, and T-buckets were crude and noisy. What's next, electronic fuel injection and solar panels? Stay strong and lusty, my fellow Vikings! Now I must take my Valium with warm milk and have a nap.
Haven’t been called a fellow Viking since my good friend Leif Erickson passed away. That was rather nice my friend. He use to tell me skal all the time.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back