Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Just finished welding my frame, need help with bracket questions

is a $100 a good price for a used 9" ford rear end? idk the length of it yet
Some are worth $2500, some are worth .$.25. what ratio is. It , is it posi ,what width , how may spline axles , is it aN case , what shape is the housing I, does it have brakes , what shape are they in ...?..that's a few of the questions you need to ask, ultimately , is it worth that much to you ,???.........

All ive found out today was its 68" overall length

Attachments

• 20190216_1706191.jpg
    20190216_1706191.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190216_1705551.jpg
    20190216_1705551.jpg
    743.2 KB · Views: 45
To be a bit more specific , many sources list housing flange to flange ( where the brake backing plate bolts) , others list wheel mounting flange to flange , obviously the latter would be greater, in the area of 56"+- axle flange to flange is considered ideal for a T with a 48" frt axle ( that's kingpin to kingpin) , the other consideration is if the pinion is centered and if it how far it's offset . T's normally use a very short driveshaft , so offset is important....

The guy had a 2nd axle and i grabbed it instead. Its a 58" maybe 58.5" axle. I have to tremove the tires off to get a good measurement. I think he said it was off a versa. The other one that was 68" looked to be off a ford van and he did measure it correctly.

Overall, I think this was 100% worth the $100 purchase. Now to get the brackets, clean the axle up and paint it and start mounting it all!

52340171_2459594260983186_2273074985725591552_o_zpsjnwnqsrj.jpg

Last edited:
To be a bit more specific , many sources list housing flange to flange ( where the brake backing plate bolts) , others list wheel mounting flange to flange , obviously the latter would be greater, in the area of 56"+- axle flange to flange is considered ideal for a T with a 48" frt axle ( that's kingpin to kingpin) , the other consideration is if the pinion is centered and if it how far it's offset . T's normally use a very short driveshaft , so offset is important....

True. I should've been more specific. I meant outside axle flange to outside axle flange but in my haste left axle out. :( Just blurted it out as if I was talking to a buddy. :thumbsdown: Thanks for clarifying that 2o2f. :thumbsup: That's the dimension that counts when it comes to wheel offset.

The guy had a 2nd axle and i grabbed it instead. Its a 58" maybe 58.5" axle. I have to tremove the tires off to get a good measurement. I think he said it was off a versa. The other one that was 68" looked to be off a ford van and he did measure it correctly.

Overall, I think this was 100% worth the $100 purchase. Now to get the brackets, clean the axle up and paint it and start mounting it all!

52340171_2459594260983186_2273074985725591552_o_zpsjnwnqsrj.jpg
If you bought that without opening it up , I hope you can return it , I'm not positive , but that looks to be a really old ( 50's) differential . Good Luck ....

There are many iterations of the Ford 9" , 3 different dia. Ring gears , different size bearings used , brake assemblies , etc. IME , the older , more rare an assembly is , the harder it is to find parts. and information. It's sooo. much easier to go to your favorite parts place armed with accurate info .......... Does it at least have a tag on it ??

There are many iterations of the Ford 9" , 3 different dia. Ring gears , different size bearings used , brake assemblies , etc. IME , the older , more rare an assembly is , the harder it is to find parts. and information. It's sooo. much easier to go to your favorite parts place armed with accurate info .......... Does it at least have a tag on it ??

im bringing it in the garage in the next hour to get it cleaned up to take a look at it all.
My friend said, if i remember right, that he took it off a versa which is like 70-80's.

The pic he's showing looks like drums ?¿? What I don't see is a vertical rib on that center section ?????

Spanky,
Thanks for the reply about the Lincoln Versailles. The only Versa I know is a Nissan Versa. Versa. I said there's no way that came off a Nissan!!!

Yea sorry i just shortened versailles tk versa lol. So ive got the axles taken out and the gears out. Got some pics i want to show and see what you guys think. Anything i should look for, should i go ahead and rebuild it with new bearing or just run with it? All im going tk do for the time being is clean it all out i side and outside. Get all the old gear oil out and paint the outside.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back