Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Keepers build

60 hrs..... you must have gotten 1 of those nice , straight bodies .... bet I had triple that in mine .:mad:

dave

HAHAHA most of the work was fixing my crappy fiberglass work!

I figure I will need about 10 more hours to sand out the peel and polish it up. Seen the body for the first time in full sunlight. Man am I happy! I will try and get some outside pics in the next couple of days.

The big part is done, now just the bed sides and tailgate. Then I get to move on to sewing up the upholstery.
3%20May%202013%20004.JPG_595.jpg

sweet

Thanks!

I sprayed some of it, then let a "painter" take over and finish it. I was going to spray the whole car but after seeing the prices of the paint supplies, I did not want to screw it up. Then came the sanding/buffing/polishing. That so far has taken a week of after work, work, so far about 15 hours of fun!

Do you have any pics on how you glassed the bed extension. I see you cut it then it was together and done, unless I missed it somewhere in the albums. I am extending mine 6" and would like to know how you did the ribs along the sides. I like the profile, great job.

Very nice! What size wheels and tires do you have on the front?

The fronts are 15x5 wheels with 155/80/15 BFG's which from what I hear are no longer made.

Do you have any pics on how you glassed the bed extension. I see you cut it then it was together and done, unless I missed it somewhere in the albums. I am extending mine 6" and would like to know how you did the ribs along the sides. I like the profile, great job.

Oh this was a fun one. I actually do not have pics of how I did it. I was so covered in fiberglass and resin I did not want the camera anywhere near it...lol

I extended the bed 13 inches. To form the ribs, I took some 1 inch ridge foam insulation, cut the ribs in the foam to match the ribs already on the bed. Covered the foam with aluminum "duct tape" then I sprayed it with PAM to keep the glass from sticking to the form. I used that as a mold when I glassed the pieces back together.

If I were to do it again. I would have spent a bit more time on the mold, which would have saved me about 10 hours of body work "fixing" my mess. I would have bought some 3/4 inch MDF board and used a router to cut the grooves that matched the bed sides. Then I would have covered the mdf in foil tape and used that.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back