Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Kirkey Economy Series Seats ?

I'll second that!

Jim

I would imagine they would look like crap as well...but it would seem no one has done it, so who knows?!? I would like to see someone's bucket with the high backs to see for myself.

Andy, There is a set of kirkey low back seat on craigslist under hot rod in the auto motive section in Phx Az. Posted today it was.

Thanks for the info. I actually bought a pair of aluminum bomber seats from Speedway with the seat pads. I still have yet to see a pair of high back seats in a T though.

Here is my T with hi back seats in it. We are getting ready to close that back window in to hide the seats. It will have a much smaller window then.
newtfinished2.jpg

Looks like a perfect fit for the bucket body you have. One (possibly dumb) question: will there be any padding/upholstery on the seatback, or are you planning to run the bare metal as is?

No padding on the back. I don't believe I will need it. They are quite comfortable like this.

It is nice to see that you will be able to sit IN your T rather than ON your T.

Jim

Yeah they are from Speedway. They weigh absolutely nothing. The seat pad weighs more than the seat itself.

Down here in Jawjah the metal surface would get hot when parked. If they were mine I'd probably cover them in a breathable cloth (maybe a tweed), just for themal insulation.

I am in AZ...believe me they will get scorching. But so will everything else in the car. LOL I will probably cover them with a blanket of towel when I park somewhere.

If you need some padding, Aircraft Specialties has some real thin effective padding for the seats that is thin but comfortable. A little pricey but you need all the comfort and space you can get for these little cars!

When I had my '66 Chevelle at a gathering I slid event t-shirts over the buckets.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back