Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

l e d bulbs in dash lites ?

iajjpop

I have a 1923 ''T'' bucket , Does anybody use L. E .D. bulbs in dash lights???? Dash lights are hard to read at night ...

You mean gauge lights? I've tried them. They don't seem any better. Mine are dim too.

Standard LED light in yellow (what else!)dash light in speedo.JPG

Made the oil light from a super flux LED. Its BRIGHT

oil light.JPG

I recently bought a set of gauges, pulled the bulbs....WTF!....wires soldered to a bulb, directly from Autometer....
I commenced to going off on a tangent!
Then I had a idea....Vacuum caps! Got 3 vac. caps that just slide in supertight, got a drill, put a hole into cap, pushed in a superbright LED, gauges now look great! Just a touch of silicone to seal out elements.....
And yes, you can dim LEDs....

Just visiting or ya gonna stay a while ?

John

I do hope its the latter. Kinda missed your expertise and 'no bulls**t' answers. Hope you will stay a while and educate the amatures, like me.
Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought a set of gauges, pulled the bulbs....WTF!....wires soldered to a bulb, directly from Autometer....
I commenced to going off on a tangent!
Then I had a idea....Vacuum caps! Got 3 vac. caps that just slide in supertight, got a drill, put a hole into cap, pushed in a superbright LED, gauges now look great! Just a touch of silicone to seal out elements.....
And yes, you can dim LEDs....
What are vacuum cups? I would like to replace bulbs with LED's
Thank you for your time.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back