Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Long Bed Tee

sstock

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Good morning,

I was just sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and was wondering why I haven't seen any long bed T roadsters? I have a sneaking suspicion that they might look weird, seems people like the short or extremely short look. I see Old Dogs offer a 20",30" and 40" bed. Does anyone have any pics that they could post or email (sstock6264@comcast.net) me so I can make a like or no like decision?
Thanks in advance,

Steve

Here is a link to vroomkrazy's bucket long bed.Bed is 36 long
vroomkrazy

IMG_0860.jpg

pre paint
IMG_0730.jpg

That doesn't look half bad. Not to mention the storage space you would gain for hauling stuff to shows. I give it 2 thumbs up. :thumb: :thumb:

I'm in the process of rebuilding mine and have the bare frame sitting in the garage, might be worth the added expense.
Will have to see how much work it will take to extend my frame and body.:jh:

I think the 36" unit looks very "truckie". I have a 14" unit and practical it is not. I think a 20 or 24 would be nice for a smidge of space or at least a larger fuel tank. The big box is definitely useful.

look at Ivo's T, that had a 36" bed. Those of you that put Monograms "Big T" together know what a 30" bed looks like. Many say a T looks too long with anything over a 20" bed. If you build the frame with the front crossmember tucked right up to the radiator, and move the rear axle back to the center of the bed, it brings the whole balance back. JMO

Ron

I see Old Dogs offer a 20",30" and 40" bed.

I gave'em a call. Price was $345 for the 30 incher. A little pricey but i could live with it. The real kicker was shipping. I thought $350 from Missouri to Kalifornya was jus a tad much.

I gave'em a call. Price was $345 for the 30 incher. A little pricey but i could live with it. The real kicker was shipping. I thought $350 from Missouri to Kalifornya was jus a tad much.

Spirit's quote to send me an entire body from ARK to WA State was quite a bit less than that, that is excessive IMHO.

The 36" bed looks like it hooks well to the Spirit body. Actually looks pretty good, where I bet it shines is now there is room for a picnic basket and a chair or two.

Thanks for the replies guys

look at Ivo's T, that had a 36" bed. Those of you that put Monograms "Big T" together know what a 30" bed looks like. Many say a T looks too long with anything over a 20" bed. If you build the frame with the front crossmember tucked right up to the radiator, and move the rear axle back to the center of the bed, it brings the whole balance back. JMO

Ron

Ron, That puts it in perspective. I think you nailed it IMHO.

A stock bed is 55" long.

Ron

I wanted a long bed because of a photo of a model T that my Grandfather built to use as a truck on his farm. Now his did not have a roll bar or a V-8 but it did look something like this I wish he was still here to see it.

I must have put ay least a half dozen of those together! I can smell the glue just looking at that picture.

Ron

No Ivo's was cut down to 36" from 55".

Ron

Called Class Glass in Maryland about their stretched 23 body. The body with opening door and bed is $1600, now here is the kicker, they want $850 to freight it to me on the west coast. Shipping pallet is like 60"by48"by30" and with a stated weight of over 200lbs. Detroit ships brand new pickups cheaper than that. For a minute there, I was all pumped up about starting my very first T project, something I've planned and dreamed about for over 30 years, I hung up the phone and gagged.

Does anyone have any shots of a stock 23 RPU ? With a little frame & wheelbase manipulation one could have a nice T that rode like a Caddy. Anyone good with PhotoShop out there ?

John

Called Class Glass in Maryland about their stretched 23 body. The body with opening door and bed is $1600, now here is the kicker, they want $850 to freight it to me on the west coast. Shipping pallet is like 60"by48"by30" and with a stated weight of over 200lbs. Detroit ships brand new pickups cheaper than that. For a minute there, I was all pumped up about starting my very first T project, something I've planned and dreamed about for over 30 years, I hung up the phone and gagged.

Have you checked with USHIP.COM? There rates are a lot lower than these big trucking companies. We have shipped several frame with them. You have to sign up and join the web site, no credit card needed or anything like that.

We shipped a frame from our shop to Wisconsin for $125.00 the big trucking company wanted $600 because of the length of it.

USHIP

Good morning,

I was just sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and was wondering why I haven't seen any long bed T roadsters? I have a sneaking suspicion that they might look weird, seems people like the short or extremely short look. I see Old Dogs offer a 20",30" and 40" bed. Does anyone have any pics that they could post or email (sstock6264@comcast.net) me so I can make a like or no like decision?
Thanks in advance,

Steve

I have a 3/4 side photo of my Classglass T with a 26 inch bed and cover (no opening door) posted here. The rear tires are 295/50 R15, 26" dia and 10" of tread. The bed is big enough to hold a Summit 15 gal fuel cell, battery, small cooler and two cylindrical type folding chairs. I am very pleased with the quality of the glass and because they are about four hours away I picked up my body. Very nice people and real racers too.

Al

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back