Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Looking for Ccab Body

Popeye

Well if none knows if the Ccab body will fit an A chassis I will be the Pioner on this subject. And I will bring even more Knowledge to this great forum Mwhaaa! mwhaaaa!

Ok enough playing around Next question. Does any one have a damaged Ccab body and wants to sell it. I just can't afford a new one right know. Or if you know of a steel Ccab panel in your area I might be able to look into.

Popeye,
I bought a c-cab body from Spirit for a special project of mine. Call Josh and if you can do alot of the work such as the floor area he will cut you a deal.............ruggs
th_P9010007.jpg

Popeye,
I hope this link works for you, it has the frame numbers for model a's. If you want I will measure the c-cab base and compare.Model A Scans Main

Would you? that would be very helpfu.l I'll roll the frame out of the garadge tomorrow and see if these mesurments are the same. I think my frame is a 28-31 because there are no provitions for the flat head.I belive the flat head didnt start till 32. I'll need to make mounts for it. Thanks for the help.:D

Popeye,
I didn't blow you off on this, Just can't grt to the shop until tomarrow afternoon......ruggs

Thats ok I didn't get out side today ethier.The girlfriends grandmother died and I was watching the our kids. I'll be able to get out there sunday, tomorrow my 2nd son has a bday party for me to host. I appreciate you keeping in touch though.

Popeye ... get yourself a copy of "How to Build a Traditional Ford Hot Rod" by Mike Bishop and Vern Tardel. For what you want to build it will become your bible.

Ron

Here's acouple suggestions for you to concider. Any stock c-cab will come off a truck. As such they where most likely to have been abused. You will also find most of them will need the bottom 6" or so replaced because of rust. I'm sure either thru site members on on line resorces you can find the dimentions you need to build most all of the panels. The only one that would be a problem is the cowl top and you can easily find those on e-bay or at swapmeets. A wood body is not out of the question either. Look at cee's beautifull T. Not all c-cabs had doors either. Often times a company would order the chassis from the dealer and the body was built at a coach shop.

Ron

Popeye,
You never really specified if you were wanting to build a pick-up or a delivery. anyway here is the footprint for a Spirit delivery. I havent had time to compare but it would seem to me that a pick-up would be easiest.........hope it helps.....ruggs
ccabfootprint.jpg

The body will fit with a little modifacation to the frame. Mainly the back. The back of the A frame where the spring bolts up mesures 42&3/4 " wide. The brace would have to be shortened and the frame rails moved inword a few inches. The front is fine and the dementions from the firewall to the axle notch is only 2" shorter on the panel so I think it would be fine.If anything it would give more room in the front for the engine.So far it looks good on paper.

good luck and post some photos.......ruggs

Hay Ruggs where did you get your Ccab spirit or Rod race and what was the desiding factor I am getting some money together so I can get one and just wanted to find out a few things.and to see how you are comming along with it. Also what did you get along the lines of registration title or bill of origin. O=-o

Popeye, My body came from Spirit but if you are wanting the pickup I believe they are dealers for the Rod n Race pickup cab. As far as my build goes I finished with frame mock-up and getting ready to order my front suspension from RPM and my fenders and running boards from Spirit.....ruggs
P9010007.jpg

I want the Ccab Panel body. I have found 3 companies that sell the Panel but am unsure if they all buy from the same builder or if they all build there own bodys. and how refined are the bodies when you get them, Im a Body man and can do all the finetuning, put a floor in , sand mold slag, hang doors, etc. so I dont need a flawless body.

RodnRace used to be the only place until last year when Spirit started making their own. I stopped in at spirit last summer and they were working on their first body (IIRC). It looks exactly like the rodnrace body but I have not seen a RnR in real life to offer an opinion on which is better. I did think the side panels were a little wavy on spirits body but that is a large flat panel and has to be hard to get nice and straight. Maybe Ruggs can comment on how his side panels look from the rear. Spirits regular bodies looked like they were pretty good quality so I don't think you could go wrong.

RodnRace used to be the only place until last year when Spirit started making their own. I stopped in at spirit last summer and they were working on their first body (IIRC). It looks exactly like the rodnrace body but I have not seen a RnR in real life to offer an opinion on which is better. I did think the side panels were a little wavy on spirits body but that is a large flat panel and has to be hard to get nice and straight. Maybe Ruggs can comment on how his side panels look from the rear. Spirits regular bodies looked like they were pretty good quality so I don't think you could go wrong.
Popeye/Fordsbyjay
There is some wavyness to the area above the side body line but, that is to be expected. Large flat panels and fiberglass don't mix well. The Spirit body is as good if not better than most that I have ever refinished. Go for it, sometime in January I will post some photos of how to make that wavyness go away. You stated that you are a bodyman so this won't be a problem for you..........ruggs

Sounds great. It looks like the company that gives me the best price will get my few nickles. I got $500 so far. got to sell somemore junk out the garadge.I got a few sidejobs lined up that should help to.
Just bought a band saw to cut my brakets for the Motor mounts and anyting else I need to fab up. Going to get a drill press tomorrow. I also found some 22in daytons for the rear at the local pullapart, they only cost $8 a rim with the tires. The spokes are a little rusty but a nice coat of paint will fix that. I looked them up on line and they sell for $700 each and up.Gota love Pullapart.
O=--o

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back