Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Louisville, KY Street Rod Nationals

Ironhead

Anybody coming to the street rod nationals in Louisville? I'm local so it's a tool buying, swap meet affair for me. Be nice to meet any board members if possible.

Keep a lookout for a rusty old Model A Pickup full of people grinning from ear to ear, probably wearing shirts that say Black Widows Bluesville - that's my car club, but I won't be there.

6007015997_4f40057fc0_z.jpg

Crackheads stole our Air Conditioner at the Lodge... actually they only stole parts of it, and our insurance is NOT going to cover it.

6007015851_414ec445c0_z.jpg

So, fifty dollars worth of scrap metal for some crackhead is going to cost us about $5,000. THIS is why we can't ave nice things.

So no going out of town for me this weekend.

Crackheads stole our Air Conditioner at the Lodge... actually they only stole parts of it, and our insurance is NOT going to cover it.

6007015851_414ec445c0_z.jpg

So, fifty dollars worth of scrap metal for some crackhead is going to cost us about $5,000. THIS is why we can't ave nice things.

So no going out of town for me this weekend.

According to our local news this is becoming a real problem in the Chicagoland area. People are having enclosures installed around their AC units in hopes of detering the thieves.

As sorry as I am to read this, I am not surprised. And the pity of it is the knowledge that if they had shown up on your meeting night and presented a reasonable reason for needing $50, they likely would have received twice that amount.

Here in town, we had some enterprising individuals who were taking manhole covers and storm sewer grates to Chicago scrapyards, selling them as scrap.

It's only a 2.5 hour drive to the river for me, but the prospect of paying a $14 entry fee to walk around in low-90° heat and August humidity doesn't excite me much. I might get a wild hair between now and Saturday, but I doubt I'm going to make the trip. For any of you planning to be there, be sure to keep yourselves well-hydrated, as the heat index will likely end up on the north side of the 105° range.

I found this old thread and am planning to attend the NSRA Nationals meet in Louisville,KY for the first time this year. Starting to research hotels and am looking for suggestions. Would like a place close to the fairgrounds and one that will allow me to park the truck and trailer at the hotel (I like to park the T in the trailer at night). Any good suggestions? Anyone else on the Forums planning to attend?

Where I stayed in the past is right across from the main gate of the Expo Center. They do not allow trailers but there is trailer parking at the Cardinal Stadium where you register which is only about two miles away.

I sorry, but it has gotten to be too expensive for me to make the trip up there so I'm not going anymore.

Jim

Jim,

Do you recall the name of the hotel you stayed at? I'm trying to find a place close to the Expo Center.

Bruce

Bruce, please excuse my late reply as I forgot to get back to you. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Louisville Airport.

Jim

You will pay a premium if you stay right at the expo center. I always stayed a few miles south of Louisville. Cheaper and more eating establishments. I have not been since the NSRA changed the year rules.

Thanks, guys. Spent alot of time searching (many hotels are already filled) and I finally reserved at a Holiday Inn about 4 miles away. May not take the T, mostly checking out the event for the future.

Bring comfy shoes!

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back