Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

LS Powered T Bucket

PaulColt

Hello folks. Can any one give me pointers on finding info for a 2004 4.8 LS Intake/Carb install? I know it CAN be done, just cant find specific info, like is the stock cam still good? I want to simplify an install and drop the computer junk used now, lol.

The Father In Law is giving me an old parts truck (2005 Silverado) and comes with a 4.8L with Auto trans and runs like a top! saves me upwards of $8000 if I bought a crate motor 355.

Thanks in Advance

I have built several LS motors with carbs. The MSD and edelbrock package is easy and programmable. Been running one on my car for almost 2 years with no issues. They are plug and play. S&K speed out of NY seems to have the best prices and will add in a carb at a good pkg price. I have purchased 10 intake, msd and carb pkgs from them with no issues

Thats awesome!!
So far i see the intake and controller running about $1100
Not sure how much the "extras" will run yet

It's usually a no no to go from injection to a carb, especially with the stock cam. I'm sure the programmer makes it doable. 1100.00 though, that is comparable to an ecm to run the injection or even an aftermarket injection setup, especially if you consider another 300-500 for a decent carb. Hmmm. Still cool, I have too much first gen stuff around to make that jump, yet... I like the LS engines a lot though.

I looked at the site and there are several conversion packages available. I guess the prices aren't all that much more than buying similar parts for an old school setup, a bit more, but that's the price for new technology. The other stuff like valve covers, etc... not so much, five hun for valve covers is stout! Still, having the benefits of ls technology is a cool thought.

I am looking at it that its a free motor and trans, but I don't want all the ecm and computer modules. not a whole lot of room under the Bucket dash for all those extras. Plus I have a ton of parts to use in the build as well. Interior pieces, suspension, etc.

I have built several LS motors with carbs. The MSD and edelbrock package is easy and programmable. Been running one on my car for almost 2 years with no issues. They are plug and play. S&K speed out of NY seems to have the best prices and will add in a carb at a good pkg price. I have purchased 10 intake, msd and carb pkgs from them with no issues

just checked them out. seems like they are more realistic in their pricing. thanks for the heads up on them!!!!

I dont think i have ever paid more than 1100 including carb. Also the LS parts are definitely a tad more expensive. I use one company for my cams for the engines i have built. Custom LS cams run around 450.
I just love everything about LS motors. Easy to work on, make great power, and love the non leaking MLS gaskets.

I dont think i have ever paid more than 1100 including carb. Also the LS parts are definitely a tad more expensive. I use one company for my cams for the engines i have built. Custom LS cams run around 450.
I just love everything about LS motors. Easy to work on, make great power, and love the non leaking MLS gaskets.
They are plentiful now too. The parts prices will eventually come down once some competitors get involved. Problem with the aftermarket, as with most things these days, is most manufacturers are a part of some conglomerate, so it's sort of a monopoly, price fixing, if you will. It also stifles ingenuity, imho. Love the aluminum block, cross bolted mains, cathedral ports. Definitely improved. Still have a soft spot for the old iron...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back