Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Magazine Industry Anouncement

The one I will really miss is CarCraft - a great little magazine for the hobby hot rodder. :(

You will just have to get used to reading them online......Lots of Newspapers are going the same way not that I like it...….This old world is a changing and not for the better in my opinion…….

My magazine writer that sent this to me has been watching the print media slowly dissolve for a number of years. In the 80s when I first met him he was a contract writer for a number of magazines on t hat list. He got paid for the article and if they reused it in a sister magazine got paid a reduced rate for that reprint. That begin going away some years ago and everyone was freelance. Some of the major magazine began contracting younger writers with no real hands on automotive experience and their articles showed it with bad or misinformation. Pay scales was also greatly reduced. Now he writes tech articles for several digital online sites. I was just looking at the latest Hot Rod magazine several days ago and there was really very little value in my opinion. Looked at Street Rodder and it has gotten so advertisement heavy that I moved on. I know I will never subscribe to a digital magazine. Laptops don't work well while sitting on the crapper office so I'm out. I sent this link to a friend of mine that is one of the largest if not the largest after market frame/suspension/chassis builder for muscle cars, trucks and custom vehicles. in the country. They advertise in a number of publications, He said they had been notified several days ago and this decision would save him about $200,00 per year. He's my age and thinks that us old gizzers will not subscribe to digital publications. While not a T-Bucket or general hot rob magazine I think most of you would enjoy it. It is available in both print and online and very high quality color. It is a quarterly publication and all previous magazines are on line for your enjoyment. Hope you enjoy it.
George

| ReinCarNation Magazine

G'Day Guys,
It's just not there in the "States" this is happening world wide. I have been buying a Radio Control Plane magazine for quite a few years out of interest for the hobby and Have just bought the last in print one. The Publisher went into some detail as to why it's happened, the main reasons are, a declining readership, a large decline in Advertising (walk in shops finding they can't compete with on line shops) and large increases in printing and distribution costs. He took the decision to close up while he still had some money left. sorry this nothing to do with Hot Rodding, but illustrates what is being discussed.
Regards,

I stopped buying many years ago when the cost of the magazines became disproportional to their content. So many pages of ads and so few of cars.
Another reason was the use of paper when there was an alternative on offer (digital/download) as many mags were a one off deal that just gathered dust for months or years after. I know that car mags were one of the best for being handed around to many people but the fact remains there is a HUGE number of mags just sitting as well.

I'm showing my age, but . . . electronic media just doesn't hold the same appeal to me as print media in this application. Besides, paper is a renewable resource. I guess I am a dinosaur, but I'll fondly remember lying on my bed as a pre-teen, reading my older brother's Hot Rod magazine, and imagining building/driving my own hot rod someday . . . (*sigh*)

Bird bucket.jpg

Last edited:
Not being funny here, but I guess that's why there are numerous plans to plant billions of trees to redress the balance.....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back