Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Master Cylinder size and brake issues

Bearded1, your frame must be quite narrow. My frame, and many others, are about as wide as the bottom of the body. There should be plenty of room but if your frame is quite narrow, maybe not. Could you move the master farther back and to the outside of the frame? Can you send pictures? That helps us understand what the issues are.

Yup I can take some more photos this afternoon. I think if I tried moving it farther back it would interfere with the rear hairpins. I think I understand what you all meant by the bell crank idea. If I had a crank like a leaf spring shackle with out one of the bolts (making a u shape) I could mount that on or through the frame and have one arm on each side. Crude drawing below.
This may be a good option as going a little farther back from the pedal would give me some more room. Originally I thought of adding a lever on the inside of the frame on the same shaft as the pedal but rooms is tight there between the trans.

Screenshot_20230410-100923.png

I just need to figure out a way to make the bell crank in the center. I guess if I made the arms out of thick aluminum that would give me material to drill through to install a lunch pin through the arm and the shaft. I'd prefer to have it bolt in case I needed to remove it.

Another option would be to use a peice of u channel that is thick enough and just run the bolt through the 2 legs and hang like a U. Then I could attach the pushrods lower and not have to worry about making the shaft and levers move as one peice.

Try looking on this Forum and the NTBA Forum for the brake Master's thread on brakes by Fat Pat Anderson.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back