Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

May I join?

Mike Britton

Mike Britton here, Just an old geezer that lives in North Texas. The reason my tag asks if I may join is that I don't own a T. I own an old decrepit '29 A roadster, two layer 'glass, from wayyyy back.
I'm guessing A1 made it.
The old warrior was an altered roadster until the No Hot Rods Anymore told me to come back with a new chassis or don't come back. So, I decided to build a street car out of it.
Now, around here, if you start talking 'glass bodies, you get sent away with instructions to go to the T-bucket forums.
So here I am. My car may as well be a bucket, the construction is almost identical, except for some dimensions.
I'm hoping to learn how to take this old body and thicken it up to be street worthy. I got the doors unglued,!! apparently the o/b just slathered some resin in the door jambs and pushed the doors in.
You guys always surprise me at the shows how you think out of the box. Most everybody playing with an A is sort of following the leader. I can/will/hope to learn a lot here. Thanks, Mike
BTW, how do I insert images? I have Imageshack.

Ir never hurts to have another point of veiw. It'a also true that your A has a lot in common with our T's. There are quite a few folks here that also have A's. Welcome to the site.

Ron

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois.

Welcome from North Texas also ...

Milt! we're neighbors! HV is a great hot rod town. I walk the neighborhood a lot, and there are car haulers and hot rods everywhere.
I'm getting ready to start the title process. AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Highland Village does have a lot of street rods and more T-Buckets than you might think. I only see some of them come out once a year and then disappear again to where ever they hide em. Add in Flower Mound and Copper Canyon and there are a TON of hot rods running around in a very small area.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back