Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Met a new friend, saw an old friend.

donsrods

This past weekend we went to Billetproof in Ocala Florida and the guy who bought my 23 from the guy I sold it to brought it. I can't tell you how nice it was to see it again, especially because Kevin is such a nice guy and is really taking excellent care of it. It is like having your Daughter marry a man you really like, it makes giving her up so much easier. :) The T is in good hands.

Here is a picture of Kevin in HIS roadster.

myoldtatBP013.jpg

And some family portraits we took of it with my 27 and my Son Dan's RPU.

myoldtatBP002.jpg

Now thats cool !

The three really compliment each other, must be the same family that built them:), like sibblings with similar faces, haha.

Yep, it really was nice to see it and to meet Kevin. Even though you lose all rights to a car once it sells, it is still nice to see that the guy loves it as much as you did and is having fun with it. If I hand picked someone to now own the car I couldn't have done better.:)

Don

Thanks guys. I hope Kevin comes around this forum a lot. Very nice guy and really into cars and bikes.

Don

Kevin's car (f.k.a. Don's rod) has always been one of my favorites, although there's probably no way I could drive it long distance, it still is the exact picture I have in my head for "super cool T Bucket to build if I could."

If'n ever I can find a stretched and widened body to fit me, I'll build a slightly larger version of that car. Just LOVE it.

I seen this on ebay and was really tempted to try to get it. I love the color combo the wheels the stance the tires the whole darn car is just super cool. But my wife would have said the same ole thing (You need to finish what you have before starting something else) to which i could say ( Its already done all i have to add is gas,wouldnt change a thing on it) I cant believe how much the adapter and 2 carbs are from speedway. I love the look but could almost put a tri power on for that money. Great builds Don.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back