Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mocking Up The Frame

Flyer

I just got home from a trip to Tennessee. Ron Pope made a personal delivery of a 23T body
After getting the body, I ripped a couple 2x4s to mock up the frame
RonPopeMakingADelivery.jpg MockUp1.jpg

Attachments

• MockUp2.jpg
    MockUp2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 89
  • MockUp3.jpg
    MockUp3.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 90
Way to go, Flyer. You're into it now . . . before you know it, it'll be time to fire that engine up. Wooo-hooo! :D:p:thumbsup:

I know its not really needed but you rarely see the bottom of the rail on a kick up, curved to match the body. To me, it sort of fits the chassis to the body in a 'meant' way.

rear end side in yellow.JPG

I like those bell cranks in that suspension.
30 years ago I was crew chief on a Limited Late Model dirt car. We were limited to leaf springs on the rear. I devised a way to have a regular Dirt Late Model 4-link rear suspension, with bell cranks to tie to the regular leafs running fore/aft above the quick change. Word got out about my design and the rules were 'clarified' to require "the leaf springs to mount and locate" the rear end. Dang it, I really wanted to play with that design.

I like those bell cranks in that suspension.
30 years ago I was crew chief on a Limited Late Model dirt car. We were limited to leaf springs on the rear. I devised a way to have a regular Dirt Late Model 4-link rear suspension, with bell cranks to tie to the regular leafs running fore/aft above the quick change. Word got out about my design and the rules were 'clarified' to require "the leaf springs to mount and locate" the rear end. Dang it, I really wanted to play with that design.
You still can, just not use it in the race. Who knows, they may be allowed later.

If ya ant cheatin' then ya aint wnnin'.

You still can, just not use it in the race. Who knows, they may be allowed later.

If ya ant cheatin' then ya aint wnnin'.
I haven't been racing for quite a while, but we won our share back then. I had previously been the Tech Inspector for a track, so I knew some things that others didn't, and knew how to get away with quite a bit.

I'm working on some ideas for a bucket suspension. Almost wore the numbers off my slide rule.

Did anyone ever pull an engine and trans out of a roll-over? It took 4 hours for two of us to get this one out, that's after we had the radiator, alternator and all of the other junk out of the engine compartment.

Did anyone ever pull an engine and trans out of a roll-over? It took 4 hours for two of us to get this one out, that's after we had the radiator, alternator and all of the other junk out of the engine compartment.
Picture didn't go...

Looks like you got it figured out this time.

I like the roll around table? Should make it easier to moves things around. I'm thinking the same sort of thing with maybe a cement backer-board/under-layment on top, for welding.
That would have been smarter, I had the wife watching and an extinguisher handy!

Roll overs worry me from the point of if it ran without oil pressure.

Most late model cars and trucks have a low oil pressure switch that would cut the engine and fuel off off, just like your new lawn mower has.
I’m stuck in the seventies sometimes. In my mind, anyways...I wasn’t even considering what vehicle we are discussing, just the “rollover” part. No offense intended, lol.... also, I HATE “new” lawn mowers! All those safety gizmos annoy me... except for the low oil cutoff. Thanks Honda! I still have a 1964 Allis Chalmers Big 10 garden tractor that is fully functional and a Gravely two wheel tractor. I rarely use them to mow, except for the dreaded ditch or tilling. They are fully capable and do a wonderful job, but I have too much mowing to do. I use our zero turn mowers, one a old Yazoo, (with a newer Honda engine) the other a Grasshopper (Kubota idi diesel) and my 1953 Ford Jubilee, or 1984 Kubota Tractor. I love real machinery that was designed to actually last if properly serviced, as it was also engineered to do, with greasable friction points, actual cone style wheel bearings, etc... unlike the new disposable garbage. I do like electronic ignition, especially when the points get fouled!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back