Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Momma got some new shoes

jmel

Picked up a set of wheels/tires - 6 in all - new littles for the front, new skinnies for the back, and slicks as a bonus. I didn't really need the tires, as mine are only 6-8 months old - but I was running Rally wheels and its not exactly the look I was going for. I think these fit the car a lot better. Tires are used, but I was more after the wheels than the tires........and maybe the slicks. :)

With skinnies
IMG_7364-Web.jpg

With slicks
IMG_7339-Web.jpg

IMG_7367-Web.jpg

IMG_7344-Web.jpg

IMG_7369-Web.jpg

IMG_7336-Web.jpg

IMG_7358-Web.jpg

IMG_7347-Web.jpg

I say, bag the slicks, the car looks PERFECT with the "skinnies" all around. IMHO

Jim

Skinnies do look great and those wheels and caps and rings are tops.
I do like the cheater slicks though. I would run both of them depending on the mood you are in

Looks absolutely awesome with those wheels!! IMHO The slicks look bad A$$ on your car but that's just me.:)

Great looking traditional hot rod. Steelies and baby moons are the way to go. Don't you love that column shift and all the floor space it frees up? Wouldn't trade mine for anything!

Thanks for the comments everybody. You're making me feel a bit better about my purchase. I was getting buyers remourse really bad as its money that I didn't NEED to spend, that probably would have been better with other bills and expenses. But its something i thought the ole girl NEEDED to have.

Now I just need to sell my rally wheels and a couple of coker wide whites to recoup some of my money. :)

Roadmoster - yeah - column shift is the only way i could work it out. I'd like a floor shifter because i think they are cool...but i just can't figure out the logistics of it. I'm 6'3 - 290lbs with size 12 shoes, and the car has been channeled, so I just have no floor room left.

I need to shorten the shifter on the column as it still gets in the way a bit. I have a manual shift valve body, and when i'm in 1st and 2nd gear, my leg is practically laying int he passengers lap until i can get the car into 3rd where thes shifter is high enough for me to bring my leg back up.

Those look great! would you be willing to share the wheel widths and tire sizes? I am looking at a similar setup.

twannabe:

Fronts are 15x5's
Rear Skinnies are 16x7
Rear Slicks are 15x10's

I'm having a brain fart on tire sizes right now - as they were a bit different than what i was running before and i can't qutie remember what the new tires are. I can let you know tonight if you need that as well.

twannabe:

Fronts are 15x5's
Rear Skinnies are 16x7
Rear Slicks are 15x10's

I'm having a brain fart on tire sizes right now - as they were a bit different than what i was running before and i can't qutie remember what the new tires are. I can let you know tonight if you need that as well.

Is it possible you could post the back spacing for the 15X5 front rims and back spacing for the rear 15X10 rims with the slicks? Also do you have any pictures of those rally wheels? I'd also be interested in tire sizes. Thanks!!

The wife loves your car with the skinny rear tires and I like your car with the slicks!! It has caused quite a debate in my house! LOL

Then buy an extra two wheels and a set of cheater slicks to go with, easy one to fix and you are both happy.

Thanks for the comments everybody. You're making me feel a bit better about my purchase. I was getting buyers remourse really bad as its money that I didn't NEED to spend, that probably would have been better with other bills and expenses. But its something i thought the ole girl NEEDED to have.

Now I just need to sell my rally wheels and a couple of coker wide whites to recoup some of my money. :)

Roadmoster - yeah - column shift is the only way i could work it out. I'd like a floor shifter because i think they are cool...but i just can't figure out the logistics of it. I'm 6'3 - 290lbs with size 12 shoes, and the car has been channeled, so I just have no floor room left.

I need to shorten the shifter on the column as it still gets in the way a bit. I have a manual shift valve body, and when i'm in 1st and 2nd gear, my leg is practically laying int he passengers lap until i can get the car into 3rd where thes shifter is high enough for me to bring my leg back up.

I bent my lever up too. It's VERY hard steel and you will need a big vise and cheater pipe. I shortened and rethreaded it so it falls inside the wheel's diameter. Very handy and 8-ball knob looks great on it!

I shortened and bent my lever for knee room too, so now it falls within the wheel's diameter. Very handy and looks super cool with 8-ball knob!

Luckily there is no choice to have...i bought both. They'll each have their day in the sun depending on the mood i'm in or what i'm doing. But I own all 6 wheels and tires.

Tires sizes:
Front 5.60-15
Rear (Skinnies) 7.00-16
Slicks - 10.00-15

Here's the roadster with the rally wheels

NoTrespassing.jpg

IMG_7803IIWeb.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back