Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My first hot rod

Shane

Hello. I'm new here. I've posted in introductions and a question in regards to a frame. Now I'm starting a thread for my build. Warning: this build will be slow going as I am a single parent, tight on money, and the project is an hour away from where I live. Now onto the fun stuff.

So I was originally going to build a t with 4 wheel independent suspension. I have a 2wd Toyota truck front cross member that i was using. Up to this point all I've done is build a mock up frame from 2x4. I've stashed away parts over the last 15 years for projects I want to do. I purchased a Ron Pope Big Boy body so I can build my T.

Today I was looking over the ifs and decided I didn't like it. I pulled out a 47 ford front axle I have and set it up in front of the wood frame. I love it! That's the route I'm going. Here's what I'm using so far; 250 Chevy 6 with 3 carbs, 4 speed manual, 57 Chevy rear end, split wishbones front and rear, cut down 34 international grill she'll, 37 ford truck steering wheel and box, spun aluminum gas tank, and misc. Pics to come. Thanks for the great site!

Wow! That sounds like quite a build. And I like the front axle choice. To me, it's hard to make an IFS setup look right on a T. You go, guy. And patience can pay off - it took me 15 years to complete my build!:eek::p
Some pics from my build

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back