Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My First T-Bucket Build

Well it looks like this entire thread is pointless now that photobucket decided to charge a $400 ransom per year to host images. I've been trying to download my photobucket album (700+ pictures and videos) but I keep getting error messages. Every thread I have ever made is now basically gone. So pissed. Anyways.... what websites are you guys using to host images now? It's impossible to go back and edit each post to update the pics right? I believe there's a time limit before your post is locked and you aren't able to edit it anymore. So yeah, this whole thread is trash now. :mad:

I've given up on PB; now, I just download pics to my PC and keep folders to separate them in different categories. At some point I'll run out of memory, but that's a long ways off right now . . . o_O

I have copies of most of the pictures on my computer I believe but the part that bothers me is that I can't host the pics on a 3rd party site, like tbucketeer. So every picture I have posted here now shows an icon asking for a $400 ransom instead of the picture I posted. I guess the only way I can fix it is to create an entire new thread and start over using a new image hosting site.

I have copies of most of the pictures on my computer I believe but the part that bothers me is that I can't host the pics on a 3rd party site, like tbucketeer. So every picture I have posted here now shows an icon asking for a $400 ransom instead of the picture I posted. I guess the only way I can fix it is to create an entire new thread and start over using a new image hosting site.

Being a little slow, I'm not sure I understand. Every picture I post on this site I get from my PC - no 3rd party host needed. :thumbsdown: I guess what you're saying is there is no way YOU can edit out the pics that are now blocked. Ron . . . any help here???

Yes exactly. I used to attach photos directly from my computer, but they disabled that a while back for a period of time. So I switched to uploading my pictures to a 3rd party site (Photobucket). They give you a link for your picture. You post the link here in a comment and the picture shows up. But now Photobucket is not free anymore. And every picture that I have ever linked from photobucket to a thread like this one is now just an icon. Every comment I have left on this page is locked to where I can not edit the pictures.

Yea, that 10 minute "edit" timer is a real drag.

I guess the only way I can fix it is to create an entire new thread and start over using a new image hosting site.
Why would you have to start a new thread?

You should be able to go forward from today and post pics by third party or better yet, post them from your computer If You Can. I had that problem come and go a few times, it works at the present time for me.

I guess that makes sense if you are going to start over and try to duplicate this thread. Wow that would be alot of work! :)

That's why I always capture a build thread that I start to a PDF file. It then stays on my computer with all the text and photos and gets backed up to my NAS.

Yeah, you never never know when that forum might go away. If it wasn't for Ron, this forum would be gone and everything would be lost. I already had my electrical wiring project saved to a PDF file on my computer.

Complete Rewire Project

What I find odd is, the pics from my "Miss Behavin'" build are still up. I'm SURE they were posted from Photobucket. Could there be some sort of grandfather clause involved? Or maybe they missed me?

Well I managed to get some work done and survived the Harvey floods thankfully. I got the body blocked and sprayed some primer on it. The first pic is the primer. Since then I have been block sanding it for days. I have always heard everyone say body work is the worst but I underestimated it still! It is a TON of work. I had a piece of scrap metal laying around so I did two test colors on it to see which one I liked better. What do you guys think? At night they will both basically look black but in the sun you can see it has a ton of red metal flake. The color on the left is basically just black with a lot of flake in it. The color on the right is half black / half red metallic with some larger red flake thrown in. I'm thinking about maybe doing something in between the two. Maybe two parts black to one part red. Let me know what y'all think.

Attachments

• primer.jpg
    primer.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 40
  • paint1.jpg
    paint1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 40
  • paint2.jpg
    paint2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 40

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back