Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My First T-Bucket Build

I've done several engine swaps during my lifetime & my favorite one was a 1977 Triumph TR 7 ( the wedge ). I had a 350 chevy v8 with a th400 transmission & a 1980 chevy Monza v8 rear end. This was my favorite & i'd love to do another one. Prices are a lot different now , so that may never happen. I'd use an LS engine instead of the older cast iron engine. It would be better than the original one I built in the 80"s. Ah ...….memories !!

For sure. It’s a crime what some of those cars cost. Even the 4 door versions are going for big bucks. Sometimes those total rust buckets are going for a lot of money. And the ones that are completed are priced out of this world.

My 63 vette paid $1800 for it. now it needed work but was all engine and trans, pulled the 4 speed first needed synchros back then only $20 but i screwed up i pulled the trans all apart then went to buy them parts store said 2 weeks to come in , Oh no i will never remember how this thing goes back together , so i picked up a Chevy book dont remember the brand name but it was Blue hard cover and the trans got back together , then engine was burning oil . So the next thing i pulled the engine apart , rings , main bearings , rod bearings , heads worked over $25 each at a car shop , so i had a a lot of money in it for 1971 near $300 LOL . drove that car 4 years sold for $2800

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back