Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My latest and greatest

Great build! Glad to have you back.

X2

Well after I had to remove the leaky water pump (no pressure even in it) well that's what you get thinking a used one is still good :), I ended up buying a Tuff Stuff along with getting the radiator cleaned out at the radiator shop...oh by the way did I say it was a Wellbaum unit out of Mentone Ca. it's # 00729. Today it was time to fire it up and break in the cam, and did it ever, timing was right on, oh had a fuel leak at each carb, but hey that's pretty good right. Enjoy

Last edited:
I hope all is well w/ your cam , you're supposed to Vary the rpm between 2000-2500 for 20 minutes , crossrd my fingers for you...

I bought a Tuff Stuff water pump in December 2011, after 10,000 miles and no problems. Also I
just checked any looseness in the bearing, none that I can feel.

FP01_TuffStuffWaterPump_01977.jpg

On the button, Bud. Lucky guy to have a piece of hot rodding history. Good to see you are keeping it real
Gerry

UPDATE Dec. 17th 2017. Car is done, well almost...Went to take it on it's main voyage, backing out the driveway it backfired and blew out the plenum gasket. I'm sure it will need PV's also? But the car looks good. Wish me luck and give it more timing I suppose.

PC171464.jpeg PC171465.jpeg PC171466.jpeg

I have no idea how many cars (complete cars) that Ted produced with his own distinctive style but would it be possible to start a "Ted Brown" registry of his T-Buckets ?

John

I have no idea how many cars (complete cars) that Ted produced with his own distinctive style but would it be possible to start a "Ted Brown" registry of his T-Buckets ?

John
Funny you should say that but I thought the very same thing. I don't know if Facebook would be the best avenue or here? Could ask Jr. and see what he would like to do, he has his dads car. I only know of one other Ted car and the owner is on Facebook.

Really cool car!
Could you give some info on the frame?
Looks like it might be doubled on the sides for stiffness???
Ted did things HIS way...and I must say "his way" seems like it had some really good ideas.
He didn't walk anyone elses line did he? ;)

Really cool car!
Could you give some info on the frame?
Looks like it might be doubled on the sides for stiffness???
Ted did things HIS way...and I must say "his way" seems like it had some really good ideas.
He didn't walk anyone elses line did he? ;)
Yes it is double on the sides, car is very long, he did do things he's way but they work. The car drives so smooth and stops effortlessly with duel VW master cylinders, well thought out. Everything is adjustable and rubber mounted.

Yes it is double on the sides, car is very long, he did do things he's way but they work. The car drives so smooth and stops effortlessly with duel VW master cylinders, well thought out. Everything is adjustable and rubber mounted.

Never doubted it would be an awesome driver for a second. The more I see of his work the more respect I gain for the man. ;)

Well I have a few up dates, been driving the car around some, been to a few shows. In Feb. car won Best Engineered at The Groundhog Gala show, then a little church show this past weekend, lots of fun. The radiator did start to leak on the upper tank, right on the F of the Ford logo and on the fill neck. I finally decided it would be a better choice to replace it, so I'll be installing a Brassworks unit with fan/shroud to keep it cool. I also invested in some new tires, the 30 year date code was enough for me. I ended up going with a smaller rear tire/wheel (285/70-15 on 10" wheel) but retained the height needed for the look.2:17:18.jpg CIMG4113.JPG

I would be keeping the old rad and mounting it somewhere in my garage.

You have done a 1st class job on the T and I am sure Ted would (does) appreciate it. Respect, Sir for all your efforts; you have done a great job in saving a piece of hot rodding history.

Ted could build cars like no other and often got attacked for his approach. As an Engineer I could always see and appreciate his visions.

The last few emails I had, before he passed, was about his dancing nights and when I was going to finally finish my T. I kinda miss him and his adversarial posts, but the pic above would have made his heart warm. Thank you so much for rescuing this old Rod.

Just got to say one thing. It meeds the original width tyres out back for THAT Ted look.
G

Yeah . . . what Gerry said! That's one sweet lookin' ride; glad to know it drives as 'good' as it looks!:thumbsup:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back