Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My latest and greatest

Blow them up to 40+ psi, lift them from the ground and wait a few days. A couple of hot starts and they always seem to come round again.... JMHO

Well I have a few up dates, been driving the car around some, been to a few shows. In Feb. car won Best Engineered at The Groundhog Gala show, then a little church show this past weekend, lots of fun. The radiator did start to leak on the upper tank, right on the F of the Ford logo and on the fill neck. I finally decided it would be a better choice to replace it, so I'll be installing a Brassworks unit with fan/shroud to keep it cool. I also invested in some new tires, the 30 year date code was enough for me. I ended up going with a smaller rear tire/wheel (285/70-15 on 10" wheel) but retained the height needed for the look.View attachment 14521 View attachment 14522
The date code... lol! Funny how thirty year old tires are discarded because of age, meanwhile new tires rot off the rims in three or four years and have a shelf life. I have had a couple older tires go out of balance due to the cords detaching, etc, but I sure miss real rubber products that lasted. Nowadays nothing lasts it seems. Cords on tools are so brittle you can't hardly work with them, then they crack and fall apart. Tires rot, air lines are plastic, vacuum lines, caps, etc fall apart. Progress? Good job on the rebuild!

Funny how thirty year old tires are discarded because of age, meanwhile new tires rot off the rims in three or four years and have a shelf life
I agree totally as these tires look like new, no dry rot, cracking etc. But.....if it could fail, it will with me so I bought new ones :)

I'm happy to see that you finally got it back on the road, Eric. I'm looking forward to making a few Cruises and Shows with you.

Jim

We had a really enjoyable time together. VERY few T's in any cruise around here so it was good to have a pal.

Jim

We do seem to turn some heads when we cruise together, Eric.

Jim

Well here it is June 23rd and I have an update. I recently purchased a complete Inglese Weber IDA set up. It was on a '32 hiboy since the late 80's, it needed a full rebuild, so after some kits and a tanking, oh and I had to remove the black paint to reveal some very nice original Italian Webers. It's been a long journey but was well worth it.

That is Sooo Coool !!!

I don't have room for a blower, so I want something like you have!

Tell us more about what it took to make this induction system work .... preparation for ... , fuel pump,
fuel lines, tuning ...etc.

Well here it is June 23rd and I have an update. I recently purchased a complete Inglese Weber IDA set up. It was on a '32 hiboy since the late 80's, it needed a full rebuild, so after some kits and a tanking, oh and I had to remove the black paint to reveal some very nice original Italian Webers. It's been a long journey but was well worth it.

I'm happy to see that you got it finished. Maybe we can soon get to cruising together again.

Jim

That is sweet...and runs so nice!

Great stuff. Did you set the IDAs up yourself?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back