Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new Bucket Build

Zack

Hello all, I am fairly new here. Haven't spoke much because i didn't have a bucket until now. So this is my build thread for it. It will be a slow build due to funds. I just purchased this complete rolling chassis with Jag rear. The body should be here next week i hope. I will try to keep as many pics coming as i can.

100_1304.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1305.jpg

Looks like a great start. I only see one odd thing the engine crossmember most buckets don't have one mounts are normally right on rails.This is so you can get motor lower.

Spirit industries
SR1010R.JPG

RPM

th_frame-1-1_1_.jpg

Looks like a great start. I only see one odd thing the engine crossmember most buckets don't have one mounts are normally right on rails.This is so you can get motor lower.

Spirit industries
SR1010R.JPG

RPM

th_frame-1-1_1_.jpg

Thanks guys.

I agree putz, I will be setting the motor and tranny in it today to see how this is gonna work. I may have to change to the style setup you are talking about. I have a few concerns on the varying elevations of the tranny tailshaft vs. the rear end. I will know more later today.

That engine crossmember is fine. Look at it as another crossmember.

Ron

Awesome looking start. Someone did a lot of work for you. The crossmember is the same type TP used. Mine worked great.

Got the engine and trans in but to get everything in line and symmetrical, the carb base is now running down hill in the front 1-2 degrees. Otherwise everything is perfect.

Yes, the seller saved me a ton of work. I consider myself lucky for the work done vs the price i paid.

Ask the builder which motor mounts and trans mount he used to set up those crossmembers. That could make a 1 or 2 degree difference. If need be you can live with that slight angle.

Ron

tfeverfred-my bucket has a TP frame that has a crossmember under the engine. Works fine until you have to remove the oil pan...gotta pull the motor! (Mine's a Ford 302-your results may vary)

Don't know how much fab work you want to get into but, you could cut that crossmember loose, weld some plates to the ends, and make it removable. Makes servicing internal engine parts much more accessible . Also , carb not sitting level is no big deal [within reason] .

dave

It looks like a great start Zack.

Thanks guys, I am gonna stay with this crossmember and hope for the best on my engine life, LOL. Maybe if im lucky i won't have to go into the bottom end anytime soon. I am really excited about being able to start with it at this stage. It sure makes my life alot easier.

Well now that i see your front shock setup, they are too far forward to allow the tie rod to be mounted on top... I do my front shock mounts farther back for a softer ride and more clearance in front for steering rods, etc. Shock mount on the bottom to the lower radius rod, on a plate that connects the top and bottom rod together... All the right stuff on the front end is very important for a great ride and handling...

Here is a little more progress. Here is my new 350 (435hp) engine with the carbs and such. Dad is working on interior wood everyday now so it shouldn't be much longer before i am ready for interior. Picked up my PPG base and clear today. It will be a 2006 Mazda True Red with black engine, tranny and frame. Getting closer all the time and i am getting really excited to be this close.

IMG_0160.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back