Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new T

kgrimm

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
As promised, here are some pictures of my recently acquired (first) T-bucket. It has a Ford 302 motor, AOD transmission, and chrome 9" rear. It needs a few things fixed and I'm going to change a few others, but it's running and driveable. The Cadillac air cleaner is my first change (I've always been a sucker for those things)-it's getting painted body color and pinstriped. Note the guy who built the car put beauty rings on the INSIDES of the rims as well as the outsides! The car is full of littile details like that!
100_5504.jpg
100_5506.jpg
100_5505.jpg

Now thats a good looking ride. I agree with the air cleaner color change but, what if with a little modification you could lower it down over the carb a bit more?....ruggs

That's a nice clean bucket. I like the color too-- I painted my old '68 Cougar that color. Man, I miss that car!

Thats a pretty T. Sorry but i think the air cleaner swamps the engine. Just my opinion, so dont be offended.
Color suits it to a T !!! Someone has taken a lot of time and care over this one
Gerry

Very good looking ride. The louvers on the spring perch, firewall and tailgate are a nice touch.

Jim

Very sharp looking car... That '32 grill shell goes very nicely with the color. I was wonderring about the tire / wheel sizes? I like that look, guess I'm just not into the super wide ones, what sizes are those and what wheel widths?

Corley

Welcome to the forum. The care is nice and well detailed, color is really nice, I like the wheel/tire combo. Looks good! If it were mine, I too would look for a way to drop the air cleaner a couple a three inches. Sticks up too far, looks like a snorkel. Enjoy it this summer.

John

Thanks for the compliments! You guys are right-once I look at things closely enough, the air cleaner DOES sit up too high. The carb that's on the motor now leaks a bit and is going to get replaced with an Edelbrock Performer that I have on hand, and I'll recheck the clearance. The tires are 5.00-15 front and L78-15 rear, all bias plies (Coker repops).

After a bit of thought, I swapped the base that came with the caddy air cleaner (1/2" or so rise) with a low-profile Edelbrock base-dropped the height or the air cleaner by about 2". That is with the existing carb which has not been swapped yet. Things look a lot better :)

That looks like a blue version of my car so you have great taste. :angel: How long is your driveshaft with that AOD in there? That is the next update I want to do.

Thanks for the compliments! As it turns out, the transmission is a C-4 (the guy I bought it from said it was an AOD-is my lack of familiarity with Fords showing?). The driveshaft is still pretty short-not much more than a foot. I'll try to get more pix posted soon.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back