Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

I've transferred the cardboard template on to a piece of wood ( traced around it ). First I painted the wood with white enamel paint. Then I will cut out the pattern & paint any bare edges. After that is done , I will use some mold release ( green wax looking goop ). I will lay some 2 ounce mat on the buck ; about 2 layers. I want the glass to have a little flex so I can form it around the roof / body contour. The I will add a third layer of mat for strength & rigidity.

I epoxied the pieces in place. Now , I will add 2 ounce mat to the back side , the mat will overlap by 2 inches.

DSCN0569.JPG DSCN0570.JPG I laid up a one layer piece of 2 ounce mat to fill in the large hole located at the rear of the bucket. The board I used as a buck was bowed. I used the bowed board to create a curve in the 2 ounce mat. I'm also making adjustments to the roof's rear end. The back of the roof doesn't mate up with the back section of the body.

Last edited:
DSCN0571.JPG DSCN0572.JPG DSCN0573.JPG I'm going to fill the gap with green Bondo containing fiber glass strands. When the green Bondo sets up , i'll remove the roof & glass over the green Bondoed area. I'm going to grind down the area ( it's very rough ) before I add some 2 ounce mat. Next , i'll brace the sides of the roof & glass them in place. This has been a long drawn out process. I have a lot more to do to make this roof acceptable.

Yeah it's very labor intensive. But , i'm a very stubborn man. I glassed the inside of the corner ( passenger's side ) today. I'm also going to start using core mat. I discovered the stuff yesterday. It's used for thickening an area & strengthening it also.

DSCN0576.JPG DSCN0575.JPG I glassed the rear lip of the roof with the green Bondo. I also taped off & glassed the passengers side . I first removed the lip ( 0n the roof ) which sits on top of the body's corresponding lip , then I glassed in 3 layers of 3/4 ounce mat. In other words , I removed the old lip then made my own. Now the 2 lips mate up. I still need to do the driver's side. I also need to glass the window recess back in place. Hopefully I can do this on Monday.

Attachments

• DSCN0574.JPG
    DSCN0574.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 29
skull air cleaner cover..jpg skull brake & tail light..jpg These are my latest purchases. I purchased a pair of each. The skull lights will be mounted on my motorcycle style fenders & the white skulls will be mounted on the sides of my roof. I plan to remove the skulls from their base. I plan to use spiders & skulls.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back