Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

Hi Neshkoro. My t bucket isn't standard size. It's a big boy body from Ron Pope Motorsports. The body is 6"s wider & 10"s longer from the front of the windshield to the firewall. Remember ?? The center console was 6"s wide. So , I thought it would work. The 2 seats are 18"s wide ( that's a total of 36"s ) plus 6"s equals 42 "s. The alligators head will droop down between the seats ( the head will be attached to the rear deck ). if I have enough room on the rear deck , i'll install 2 speakers. If not enough room on the rear deck , I can install speakers in the kick panels. The hardtop offers another possibility. So , it's all good.

Last edited:
That's a good thing you have the wide body. The standard body is a bit tight for two people and not much else!

OOPS !! I should've taken a measurement across the floor , not the top of the buckets body. I think the standard body is 33"s across the floor. 6"s more would've been 39"s. Clearly not enough room. Oh well , moving on now. I'm still installing the steering column. I removed the roof to allow more room to work. Hope the weather stays dry until I can get it back on.

My doors are 24” wide so that makes it much easier to get in and
Out.
I liked how choppin made his doors longer so they extended rearward past the seat. I was disappointed that it didn’t occur to me to do it. I had already committed to a design that did not allow it.

OOPS !! I should've taken a measurement across the floor , not the top of the buckets body. I think the standard body is 33"s across the floor. 6"s more would've been 39"s. Clearly not enough room. Oh well , moving on now. I'm still installing the steering column. I removed the roof to allow more room to work. Hope the weather stays dry until I can get it back on.
I wanted buckets but with a standard shift, nothing I could find worked. Ended up modifying a Chrysler minivan center row bench seat. Between width and thickness, I fought for fractions of an inch.

Here's the photos I promised :DSCN0754.JPG DSCN0755.JPG DSCN0756.JPG DSCN0757.JPG DSCN0758.JPG DSCN0759.JPG I plan to strengthen the windshield post by connecting the windshield backing plate to the framework behind the dashboard.

Hey, Donny Ray - Great progress on your build. This is going to be one unique T when completed! :thumbsup: BTW, I noticed you put the steering column support bracket on the firewall side of your cowl. I put mine on the inside for a cleaner looking firewall. Just sayin' . . . :)

brake pedal.jpgT-Bucket10.jpg

DSCN0760.JPG DSCN0761.JPG DSCN0762.JPG Some more photos of my progress.

Attachments

• DSCN0760.JPG
    DSCN0760.JPG
    359.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN0761.JPG
    DSCN0761.JPG
    465.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0762.JPG
    DSCN0762.JPG
    517.5 KB · Views: 22
I was thinking of doing the same thing regarding the bracing of the windshield posts to the crossbar I already have in place behind the dash. Plan to bolt it in place like your pic. Nice to see it done.

Hey, Donny Ray - Great progress on your build. This is going to be one unique T when completed! :thumbsup: BTW, I noticed you put the steering column support bracket on the firewall side of your cowl. I put mine on the inside for a cleaner looking firewall. Just sayin' . . . :)

View attachment 17655View attachment 17656

Spanky - Where did you get that steering column support? I am rebuilding my steering, this winter, and could use one like that. Also, are you using any type of cover ring on the outside of the firewall where the steering column exits?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back