Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

DSCN0876.JPG DSCN0877.JPG DSCN0878.JPG I made several cuts across some 2 1/4" primered m.d.f board so the m.d.f would flex. I waxed the flat side several times. After i layed my fiberglass in the gap , i placed the serrated board on top of the fiberglass & added 2 bricks on top of the board. I'm trying to get rid of the warpage , caused by the aluminum flashing.

I used 8 oz's of polyester resin. It's supposed to have 80 drops of catalyst. I used less than 1/2 ( about 35 drops ). I like to have more time to work . The ambient temperature is about 80 degrees with a slight breeze.

Thank you AusBucket. Next , i'll make 2 pockets for my original 23 model t door hinges. A left hand hinge pocket & a right hand hinge pocket.

The 3rd photo above this post , shows a great amount of warpage. I believe the warpage is the reason why my door doesn't fit the door well. I will address that problem today.

DSCN0904.JPG DSCN0905.JPG DSCN0906.JPG Each hinge is 1/8" thick. I bought some aluminum plate that was also 1/8" thick. I carried my hinge to Cherokee Automotive ( location of my project ). I first checked my project to see if it was level. It was , so i positioned the hinge in my project's door well. I checked the hinge & repositioned the hinge until my level read level. I made a mark on the hinge by using the outer edge of the door well. I also made a mark from the top of the reveal to 3"s below the reveal. When i made my aluminum pattern , i used the previous marks on my hinges to determine how to make the pattern. PS: I ran out of fiberglass tape before i could finish making my hinge pocket ( recess ). I'll purchase some more tomorrow from TAP PLASTICS.

Knytex-2Sides-xl-1200x1005.jpg DSCN0907.JPG DSCN0908.JPG DSCN0909.JPG Here's some photos of my aluminum form which will become the snake head's tongue. I've already added 4 layers of fiberglass to the top of the aluminum form. The fiberglass fabric is called knylex. I used this for the tongue.

Last edited:
The fabric is called " knytex" NOT "knylex". Here's a couple of photos of the knytex glassed to the aluminum form.DSCN0910.JPG DSCN0911.JPG

Or even just flap in the wind.

DSCN0918.JPG DSCN0919.JPG DSCN0920.JPG DSCN0921.JPG ORF & GERRY , your suggestions have been duly noted. Here's some more photos of the hood scoop & door hinge pocket.

DSCN0922.JPG DSCN0923.JPG DSCN0922.JPG I epoxy glued the door hinge pocket onto the backside of the door well. I also used bondo to adhere the front part of the door hinge pocket. I took a picture of both sides of the door well. My next step is to glass the hinge pocket to the backside of the door well.DSCN0922.JPG

Last edited:
I'm sorry for all the duplicate photos. I tried to edit out 2 of them. That was a big failed attempt. The first , third & fourth photos are the same photo.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back