Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

The rustoleum brown paint turned out to be slow drying. So my progress came to a screeching halt.

Thanks everyone for your interest in & support of my chainsaw project. Now i'm back on my original project , " KREEPY THANGS ". I recessed the door striker plate , glassed it into the door well & will drill 6 holes in the striker plate tomorrow ( 10-11-20 ). Stay tuned......

That's really great!

Some more progress photos :DSCN1014.JPG See how thick the fiberglass is on the door well .DSCN1015.JPG Great gluing surfaces. I included a photo of DSCN1016.JPG a stock door. The stock door came with the BIG BOY body.DSCN1017.JPG The door well in the photos was purchased as a kit from Ron PopeDSCN1018.JPG Motorsports. I wanted to show the widened door well.

The corner of the door well seems to be too high for the door. The corner of the door was below the top edge of the door well. So ; i removed a piece of the door well & now i'm putting everything back together again. After i'm finished , i'll test fit the door. I'm using 5 minute epoxy glue. The glue seems to be holding. After all the pieces are glued , i'll flip the door over & glass the backside. I plan to fill the pie cut pieces with kitty hair ( Bondo product ).

You have to be the most dedicated, persevering builder I've run across ever, hardly ever a day goes by that you don't have something new going on. . . . I envy your energy level

More relevantly, . . . . I like the Cypress one . . . . would be cool if you could get it big enough to make a grill shell with it.

Thanks for all the enthusiastic comments from my fellow forum members. My project will NOT be ready for Halloween ( sob ! sob ! ). I'm still working on the door well & the striker plate. I did a good job on positioning the striker plate.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back