Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

Not if you went from 15 to 1; to 30 to1- it would be half the speed (unless you put it in backwards). Course you could just shorten the pitman or steering arm if you want quicker steering. On my Altered both these parts had a number of holes in them to be able to change the ratio to suit me.

I have a 24:1 ratio gearbox on my bucket. I have no problems negotiating turns. You only use about 1/4 turn of the output shaft to steer.

The information i have gathered says my current vega gearbox has a 20 to 1 ratio. I've located a vega gearbox on ebay & the seller says his steering box is 24 to 1. I'm thinking that the ratio difference is very slight. So ; i'll use my current steering box.

Thanks for your input Spanky. NEWS UPDATE : I found a seller who can supply 60mm dragon eyes ( the sheepish knight ). She has to get the blanks from a company in China. She will paint the pair with different shades of purple. Her cost will be $90.00 + shp. I've communicated with her through a few emails. She works through ETSY.

I finished shaping the eye hood form. I primered it today. I plan to add mat to the eye hood form tomorrow. The form will be used to make both eyes. The reason i primer all my forms before i add glass mat ; i don't want the spray on mold release to soak into the m.d.f. I use m.d.f to make my forms ; it's easy to shape. m.d.f = medium density fiberboard.

DonnyRay,
Here is another idea for you. I thought it fits in your theme.

Attachments

• 1BFE0811-4D5A-4121-9312-7BEBC31C0D3F.jpeg
    1BFE0811-4D5A-4121-9312-7BEBC31C0D3F.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 42
Today i began the installation of my stretched door. I have to make a few minor modifications to make it fit the way it should. I don't see this as a big problem.... I need to spread the top part of the body & brace it in place. The lower rear corner of the door is protruding out from the door well.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back