Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My ProjecTee

The roof widening task is complete. The aftermarket windshield stanchions were a CRAPPY fit. I removed them & filled the holes with Bondo fiberglass body filler. I purchased a pair of original 23-25 model T windshield stanchions. The passenger side stanchion fits like a glove. I'll take some pictures ( weather permitting ) of the stock stanchion & the finished roof. Looks like more rain is predicted for tomorrow 2-1-2019.

Hey now . . . .

That's looking really nice now that I can see the whole scope of what was done.

I have to think the windshield brackets are one of the more problem prone aspects of T building, unless you have brackets and a body made by the same manufacturer to be mated to each other.

Thanks for the compliment. The roof still needs some cosmetics. I also plan to chop it 4 inches. I've already chopped the windshield frame from 20 inches tall to 16 inches tall.

Thanks for the compliment. The roof still needs some cosmetics. I also plan to chop it 4 inches. I've already chopped the windshield frame from 20 inches tall to 16 inches tall.

That may prove to be the bigger challenge, as it appears like as you chop it, it will also shorten it, unless you change the angle as it comes off the rear edge of the body.

Thanks a bunch snicklefritz . Chopping it will be a challenge , I think I can do it . I have a little prior experience modifying fiberglass bodies ( it was disastrous ). I've learned from a lot my past mistakes.

I REMOVED 4"s from the height of my roof. It's going back together pretty good. I have the passengers side contours mating almost perfect. I'll tackle the drivers side tomorrow. I have to get some photos for my thread. So , you guys can see what's going on.

I've already purchased the seats that are pictured. I also looked at seats for golf carts ( bench seats ). Anyway ; Thanks for the advice ewtally.

DSCN0528.JPG DSCN0529.JPG DSCN0531.JPG DSCN0532.JPG DSCN0533.JPG DSCN0535.JPG DSCN0536.JPG DSCN0537.JPG Here's the photos I promised you guys. I'm happy with the corners mating so well. Mating the corners would've been the hardest task. Looks like smooth sailing for the rest of the 4" chop. I really lucked out !!

s-l500.jpg This is the adhesive I used to fill in the gaps on my 4" chop. It's used for repairing fiberglass boat hulls. I will patch the backside with 3/4 oz. fiberglass mat. I'm also using epoxy resin with a slow hardener.

Are you going to feather the edges ? Six-10 is an adhesive, not a filler, might be better using the epoxy with small fiberglass pieces mixed in.

One of the reasons car makers brought in vinyl roofs on sedans etc, way back when, was to be able to sell vehicles with nasty roofs.

Not saying for a minute, your top is or will be nasty, but if in years to come it starts to show the work that's been done on it there is a way out.

Just waiting for some decent weather. I plan to sand the backside & apply 3 layers of 3/4 ounce glass mat. I might use 2 ounce glass mat instead. The mat will be 4 - 6 inches tall & go the whole length of the roof , from passengers side to drivers side.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back