Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

NAKED PICTURES...of Miss Behavin'!

tfeverfred

Tis a strange world we live in and getting stranger everyday. I'm one of those people that kinda has a little belief in Karma. The good stuff that happens when you never expect it. This happened to me yesturday.

Mikey, a member on the NTBA, posted a link to a great surfing video. Having surfed, I called him to talk about it. We were having a good chat, whenhe changed directions and asked if I had found a body yet. I told him what I had finally decided to do. He then told me he had a body he had been saving and was willing to let it go. He mentioned thatit was a CCR style body and assured me it would fit with perhaps no alteration. I told him that was great, but my main problem was money. He gave me an offer I couldn't refuse and after work, I made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Crockett, Texas. This is what I got.

Tfeverfred008.jpg

Tfeverfred009.jpg

Tfeverfred010.jpg

Tfeverfred007.jpg

Tfeverfred006.jpg

Before I got too happy, I called CCR and got the specs for their standard body. Thick glass, 1/8" and double layered, so that minimal wood is needed for upholstery, 1/2" plywood molded in on the back for mounting the P/U bed and body reinforcement, molded in floor with side areas filled and glassed over, bottom is covered with glass to seal the wood, trans tunnel installed, kickup is molded in and goes the width of the frame. I also had them take measurements to see if the body to make sure it was at least close to Totals. It was VERY close. The rear of the body will clear my Watts linkage, PLUS I'll gain a 1" between firewall and distributor, so I can keep my HEI.

In this "happy happy, joy joy" pic, I'm sitting on the 6" seat mock up I had made. PLENTY of room inside!

Tfeverfred005.jpg

Mikey also had a stretch body, but he says he has plans for it. He told me he had plans for the one he sold me, but that I caught at the right time and he was "feeling the love".:) All I know is I am ever so greatful for knowing him and intend to drop by on a weekend and hang out. He is truly one of the good ones. He does his own fab work and can make what you need if you give him a call or send him specs. He also gathers up assorted stuff for buckets and let's it go at a friendly savings to bucket guys. This guy is GREAT!

tfeverfred said:
Tis a strange world we live in and getting stranger everyday. I'm one of those people that kinda has a little belief in Karma. The good stuff that happens when you never expect it. This happened to me yesturday.

Mikey, a member on the NTBA, posted a link to a great surfing video. Having surfed, I called him to talk about it. We were having a good chat, whenhe changed directions and asked if I had found a body yet. I told him what I had finally decided to do. He then told me he had a body he had been saving and was willing to let it go. He mentioned thatit was a CCR style body and assured me it would fit with perhaps no alteration. I told him that was great, but my main problem was money. He gave me an offer I couldn't refuse and after work, I made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Crockett, Texas. This is what I got.

Tfeverfred008.jpg

Tfeverfred009.jpg

Tfeverfred010.jpg

Tfeverfred007.jpg

Tfeverfred006.jpg

Before I got too happy, I called CCR and got the specs for their standard body. Thick glass, 1/8" and double layered, so that minimal wood is needed for upholstery, 1/2" plywood molded in on the back for mounting the P/U bed and body reinforcement, molded in floor with side areas filled and glassed over, bottom is covered with glass to seal the wood, trans tunnel installed, kickup is molded in and goes the width of the frame. I also had them take measurements to see if the body to make sure it was at least close to Totals. It was VERY close. The rear of the body will clear my Watts linkage, PLUS I'll gain a 1" between firewall and distributor, so I can keep my HEI.

In this "happy happy, joy joy" pic, I'm sitting on the 6" seat mock up I had made. PLENTY of room inside!

Tfeverfred005.jpg

Mikey also had a stretch body, but he says he has plans for it. He told me he had plans for the one he sold me, but that I caught at the right time and he was "feeling the love".:) All I know is I am ever so greatful for knowing him and intend to drop by on a weekend and hang out. He is truly one of the good ones. He does his own fab work and can make what you need if you give him a call or send him specs. He also gathers up assorted stuff for buckets and let's it go at a friendly savings to bucket guys. This guy is GREAT!
Mikey is truly a good dude i talked to him last month for about an hour, fun guy and he has built some great rides.He also knew Big Daddy Roth(my hero)not just knew him but KNEW him.He still hangs with his kid.ANYWAY.....................Wow and the clock begins the countdown way to go fred now next week we want pics with the body mounted then,then,then,then.LOLGood score Fred.Now anymembers have an old beer barrel(The round and fat in the middle type)?For the gas tank?

Gas tank?:) hehehhe Remember the pic of Dons car? The blue T Bucket when it was under construction? Well, I noticed how good his tank looked painted.

dons_t_buckets_5.jpg

I'll either get a tank and paint or powdercoat it black to match the body or drop the bucks for a Moon tank. Getting a Moon tank would actually be cheaper, but I like the way the regular tank is held in place.

tfeverfred said:
Gas tank?:) hehehhe Remember the pic of Dons car? The blue T Bucket when it was under construction? Well, I noticed how good his tank looked painted.

dons_t_buckets_5.jpg

I'll either get a tank and paint or powdercoat it black to match the body or drop the bucks for a Moon tank. Getting a Moon tanks would actually be cheaper, but I like the way the regular tank is held in place.
Hear i go pouring salt again.(Where ya going to put yer 'lectric stuff bro)?

Like wires for the tail lights? I'll run them nice and neat in conduit or just as neat as I can. As for the fuse box and such? Under the seat bottom I'm going to make and install.

Rick, you don't pour salt. You make me think and that's why we're on here.:)

tfeverfred said:
Like wires for the tail lights? I'll run them nice and neat in conduit or just as neat as I can. As for the fuse box and such? Under the seat bottom I'm going to make and install.

Rick, you don't pour salt. You make me think and that's why we're on here.:)
Looks like you won't need those aluminum spacers but if ya do let me know and i'll shoot them right to ya Bro.

My last Bucket didn't have a box and i was trying to find the old timey beer keg but here you can see i cleared the Watts.

2.jpg

Rick said:
Looks like you won't need those aluminum spacers but if ya do let me know and i'll shoot them right to ya Bro.

I'll know for sure when I set the body on. My concern is body contact with the top of the shifter harness. I won't know till she's on there.

tfeverfred said:
I'll know for sure when I set the body on. My concern is body contact with the top of the shifter harness. I won't know till she's on there.
I just went out to the garage i can't find those spacers but there 3/8" thick by about 1 1/4" dia.round

Rick said:
I just went out to the garage i can't find those spacers but there 3/8" thick by about 1 1/4" dia.round

3/8" doesn't seem like much, but who knows. Nothing surprises me now!:) About how much do the rubber inserts stick up from the frame? About 1/2"? If so, that may be enough.

tfeverfred said:
3/8" doesn't seem like much, but who knows. Nothing surprises me now!:) About how much do the rubber inserts stick up from the frame? About 1/2"? If so, that may be enough.
Sorry Bro there only about 3/16" at the flange.You'll know how much to raise it after you put it on.Id start with 9 1/16"which is standard from Total

Rick said:
Sorry Bro there only about 3/16" at the flange.You'll know how much to raise it after you put it on.Id start with 9 1/16"which is standard from Total

Gotta cha'!;)

That body fit's you Fred. "Do you see the light at the end of the tunnel"?

thomas:)

Nice things happen to nice people

Light at the end of the tunnel it's 500,000 watts of pure human ingenuity.Oh by the way Good Afternoon Thomas.

Hi, could you tell me how tall you are if that's you in the picture? I am trying to see if I will fit in a standard bucket at 6' 2". Thanks

Joe Speno said:
Hi, could you tell me how tall you are if that's you in the picture? I am trying to see if I will fit in a standard bucket at 6' 2". Thanks

I'm 6'3" and lanky. (in an Adonis sort of way:lol:) I'm sitting on a seat mock up that is 6" tall.

I cleaned up the body, this afternoon and test fit it. Perfect fit!:) Check out the shine comin' from the grill. Oh yea!;)

Tfeverfred015.jpg

Tfeverfred011.jpg

Great inspiration for us all still trying to get ours on the road. I got a call from my daughter today. She and her husband bought me a Christmas gift for my car and it should be here within the week. She won't tell me what it is though.:think: I:pray: for a couple of things.

thomas:)

Fred, way to go! She is looking great! Pretty soon I bet there'll be another video on you-tube!!!!:lol::lol: Looking forward it.

Paul

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back