Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

NAKED PICTURES...of Miss Behavin'!

PaulR said:
Fred, way to go! She is looking great! Pretty soon I bet there'll be another video on you-tube!!!!:lol::lol: Looking forward it.

Paul

Soon. VERY soon.;) Now that it's looking like a car, I'll have to be more careful. Time to start work on getting a title.

Fred,
Are you buying a title for the make and year, or get it titled as an "ASV" (Assembled Vehicle)?

PaulR said:
Fred,
Are you buying a title for the make and year, or get it titled as an "ASV" (Assembled Vehicle)?

I've done a little checking and I still have not decided yet. I called the Texas DMV and getting in done as a replica is rather cut and dried. The bad part is, I'll have to get it inspected every year. I don't really want some smuck driving my car to see if the brakes work. Plus, I forgot to ask, it may have to pass emmission.:eek: However, there are a couple places near me, where a few extra bucks will get a sticker.;)

As for buying a title, I have thought of that too. Here, they give out an Antique plate and I would only have to get it inspected every 5 years and NO emmission check or safty equipment not available in 1923. if I can find a good deal on a 23 title, I'll go for it.

Having a 1923 title would only be a benifit during resale. Most people who buy a hot rod want it titled for the year it is supposed to be, but I have no plans to EVER sell my first one. There is a personal reason why I started this car and it will never be for sale.

My dad, who passed away 7 years ago, always wanted to do something like this, but raising a family always got in the way. When I was about 17, he told me if I kept my head together, I could build one one day. It took a while, but it looks like I'm going to do it. Part of my inspiration for this car is his memory. That won't ever be for sale.

Now, the next one? Who knows?

Great to hear that you are keeping the memory of your father alive. I am fortunate enough to still have my father around. Withought his teachings I would not have the passion for hot rods and the classics. Which in turn, kept me out of trouble because I was always working on a car somewhere instead of on the streets (except to cruise..lol). I owe so much to him. Really considering buying a complete kit so that we can build together as a father and son project or rebuilding my current 23T. Either way, it would mean a bunch to me to have something that we build together...you know.

Fred... I'm so glad you were able to find a deal on your body. It always amazes me how people in this brotherhood are willing to help others. Mikey is a prime example of this. My hat's off to him. I have no doubt that you will do the same when the opportunity arises.

My Dad has been gone for 10 years. He wasn't what you would call a rodder, but with 2 sons in the hobby, he could easily appreciate our efforts. I have a picture of him in the shop. He's always watching.

Great get, Fred. The body really pulls it all together. I couldn't wait to drive mine even with the unpainted body. No way to stop those dreams now. So nice when everything falls into place. And just think, not one piece of that car will escape your personal massage. I truly believe that one will never find a better group of people than BUCKETHEADS. This is way too much fun......:lol:

You said it all! I thought I was havin' fun before, now I'm at a whole new level of enthusiasim! I've met so many cool people, I sometimes think I'm back in the Navy. Nothing but lifetime friends here too.

Hey, I was bored at work and printed out the logo for Miss Behavin'. I used a glue stick on the back and had a little fun!:lol:

MissBehavin.jpg

tfeverfred said:
You said it all! I thought I was havin' fun before, now I'm at a whole new level of enthusiasim! I've met so many cool people, I sometimes think I'm back in the Navy. Nothing but lifetime friends here too.

Hey, I was bored at work and printed out the logo for Miss Behavin'. I used a glue stick on the back and had a little fun!:lol:

MissBehavin.jpg

To bad i gave away that step it sure would look and fit your car.Oh well one deal per person.LOL

Hey Brother Thomas you better get your butt in gear looks like that Texan is gonna whoop ya to the road.But,just but WE might be able to take him on.(as soon as it gets a LITTLE warmer here.Thats how he cheats us northern Bucket Dudes.

:lol:Rick, I don't need a step, I'm all leg, but my girl may have a problem. She hasn't seen the body on yet and I'll let you guys know how it goes. I have a funny feeling she may decide to not get a step. From the beginning she has said that it would be okay if she has to climb in. But we all know how women change their minds.:rolleyes:

tfeverfred said:

Hey, I was bored at work and printed out the logo for Miss Behavin'. I used a glue stick on the back and had a little fun!:rolleyes:

MissBehavin.jpg

Awesome!! I can only imagine the anticipation you must be feeling. Lookin good!! Chrome is looking nice;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back