Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Navigator Tow Vehicle Transmission Cooling

That little piece of debris is more than enough to cause a seal to leak, which could lead to clutch damage, so preventing it from entering the system was effort worth while from the ounce of prevention perspective. I hope that the effort you have put into this project is rewarded by long transmission life. If not, get a truck with three petals! Lol... jk, kind of. Nice work!

If not, get a truck with three petals! Lol... jk, kind of.
Well that would ensure that I was the only member of the family that would be able to
drive the tow vehicle .... you say I have to shift, what the hell is a manual transmission,
why are there 3 pedals. I'm NOT driving !!! no breaks for me on long trips.

Nice work!
Thanks fletcherson, mean alot because you know what you are talking about !

Did you flush with Acetone or something else? It’s to late now but I have a 37 degree flair tool if you need it later. Better hurry before I forget where it is! Lol

Did you flush with Acetone or something else?
No acetone, I used a 100% blue agave Tequila. Acetone was not on the
approved list for the hose. Did you watch the video ?

I put the can of Denatured Alcohol next to my system in the video. LOL !

I didn't have enough alcohol and was checking out Acetone. The hose is made of Fluoroelastomer
rubber and is not great with acetone so I waited until I had more alcohol.

Viton Chemical Compatibility Chart

upload_2021-8-28_10-27-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-28_10-25-18.png
    upload_2021-8-28_10-25-18.png
    12 KB · Views: 3
Your attention to detail is incredible! I never have considered checking comparability of Acetone and hose much less how to find the answer! I bow to your skills again.

Thank You Sir !

I'm finished and just in time according to my plan. I wanted to be done at least one week
before I leave for Portland Maine, last thing I wanted to do was leave the next day after
completing the project. Wanted some time to make sure it was road worthy.

I found it hard to find good places to provide support for the new lines, so I had to start under
the vehicle with a couple of supports. From then on I used line clips, just like a Stud Girdle
makes all the rocker studs stronger. I used line clips to make all the lines more rigid.

I have a trip to Dallas soon, this will be the first test with trailer and TBucket inside. Driving
without the trailer and load doesn't tell me much with the thermostat removing the Derale
cooler from the cooling circuit below 180°F. I need the load to see if the new cooler, when
included in the circuit. will be enough.

FP09_SS_Line_Supports_02999.jpg
FP09_FinishedCoolingSystem_03005.jpg .

I think next time you order filament get me a roll of black with carbon in it if it will work.
What might you have in mind to print ???

You know I charge like a $10/min to print, but for you I will give you the family rate !!!

Well the first 3 projects are (1) clip to hold the brake tee to the tie rod (2) an exit from the frame tube for the feed from master to front end (3) a 3 prong star with hole in middle to support the brake line the length of the frame rail. I’ll stop by and talk about it and bring tubes for size.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back