Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need Spark Plug Wire Recommendation

rbsWELDER

As part of my spring 'get ready', I want to change the spark plug wires on my bucket. I have a Chevy 350 with electronic ignition.

Do you have a recommendation for spark plug wires or are they all basically the same?

Thanks

I don't think it's so much about the brand, but you will want 8.5mm wires with a Spiral Wound
core. It should have no more that 100 ohms per foot.

Are you looking to custom make them to your specific length and then crimp the ends on ?

I agree with Indy. You don't need an expensive set for what we're doing. I used a set of cut to length MSD wires with the specs Indy stated.

Mark, I used the MSD cut-to-length set, too. Makes for a nice, neat installation. I think you can get them in black if you don't like the red with your T colors.
090107 008.jpg

I haven't bought wires in 20+ years , are 8.5 mm wires different than 8 mm other than the insulation thickness ??

I've used Taylor wires for 25+ years now on all my hot rods. The 8mm spiro-pro wires come in a variety of colors and and they have 90, 180, and 135 degree angle boots. I typically get the cut to length sets so I can run them the way I want. The ability to have a great quality wire - USA made, in the boot configuration I want, length I want and color I want is well worth the cost.

Hey Lee, are those SS studs and nuts for the trans ??? Are they ARP?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back