Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New B T bucketeer

terry vandever

Hi
My name is Terry. I am new hear. I started a T bucket a bout 1 year ago and got busy in work and left it . Want to get started again. I have never done anything like this before so am looking for help.
I have already built my frame and got my body [8" stretch] and want to put a 5 speed in it but don't know what to do for clutch and brake pedals .
Would like to keep firewall clean and not go threw the floor.
Would love any help.:lol:
PS dont know what tags or trackbacks are.
SORRY I did say i am new to this.

:lol:
Welcome Terry, We can give you alot of help. Don't worry about being new or saying the wrong thing. Post up some pictures of what you have and we'll go from there. Go back and read all the old posts it really helps you get to know us.
Tags are things you enter so your post can be found in search easier, trackback??? (I ain't got a clue) someone knows.

Welcome to the forum Terry, how about some pictures of what you've done so far? Todds suggestion of reading the old posts is a great one, I did just that when I first joined.

welcome to the brother hood Terry! todd and telman are steering you in the right direction. you got some homework to do, lol. as for your question, you leave only one option as i see it. a cowl sub-frame to mount all that stuff on. being new at this, as you say, i would give some thought to a frame mounted master cylinder and pedals.

Ron

I would think hydraulic clutch set up would be the way to go. Mount the brake master on the inside of the frame and the clutch master on the outside of the frame. Then just run a line to the slave mounted on the bell housing.

:D lots of great information here ,,

Lots of Texans on here, I think you guys must think that the "T" stands for " Texas Bucket " :woops::lol::lol:

:D

I have built a cal sub frame out of 1" thin wall tubing.I talker to total pro about hydrological, but i don't know. A buddy of mine that has done this before said he thinks a bell crank clutch that thy use in racing might work.Any thought ?

Hydraulic clutch would be better. I have heard good and bad about the hydraulic throw out bearing. If it goes bad, you're pulling the tranny. Slave cylinder would be best, mounts to the outside of the bell housing.

post some pictures of your sub frame. i'm using one in my '27 for the steering. i would be interested in seeing yours.

Ron

WElcome I agree with Todd internal slave cylinders suck I just changed one on my kids jeep clutch was fine but slave cylinder leaked. Needless to say transfer case and transmission had to come out.

Hydraulic clutch would be better. I have heard good and bad about the hydraulic throw out bearing. If it goes bad, you're pulling the tranny. Slave cylinder would be best, mounts to the outside of the bell housing.
Todd. Anybody got any pictures of a SBC with a clutch Slave cylinder mounted if so what brand Slave cylinder & what kind of mounting bracket ? Thanks a lot...... Fast Eddie

Welcome, Fast Eddie! What are you working on?

PS - Does this help?

Hydraulic clutch.jpg

Last edited:
I have a changeover kit for a 6 speed that uses a hydraulic throw out bearing with a self contained clutch petal/master cylinder. Pretty slick and space saving. I don’t recall the brand, I’m sure a internet search will uncover something similar.

Welcome to the forum. I wish I had the answer for you but, that is beyond my skill set. Looks like you have good help already. post pictures.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back