Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New bucket builder

JE Designs

Hey everyone, happy to get started on this forum. Long time lurker. New to T-Buckets not new to Hot rodding. Currently working on putting together i a project, i have been gathering parts for a while now. Cant wait to gain some knowledge from all you T bucket Veterens!

Welcome aboard from the Sunny Caribbean . . . . :cool:

Lived in Houston myself for quite a while, until I came here to the Islands in 2001

Doubt I'd even be able to find my way around any more . . .

Hey spanky, wtalley and island girl! Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I’m going for an early 60’s style. I had a few engine choices when I started. 8BA flathead, SBC and an LM7 5.3l. I settled on the 350 due to simplicity of the build process. I’ll save the 8BA for the next one. Once I get enough post and tidy up my shop :p I’ll put up some pics of where I’m at so far. currently i’v got a speedway 4” drop Chevy front end, sbc backed by a powerglide hooked up to a Ford 8” rear end which I am in the process of rebuilding. Got a set of Coker firestone pie crust rear tires with skinny’s up front. Most of these parts I had laying around, hence the combo.

I will drive this thing pretty much daily once finished, so simplicity and reliability are the main goal so far.

Welcome from St Louis, JE. Since you are accumulating parts, what's your vision of your completed bucket?

View attachment 17031
Spoanky i cam across a problem with cam replacement , when i removed the cover for the timing gears the two points arent lined up look one is at the top other is where it should be now the car was running perfect
owjRJbL35QvONViOs03lZPnBvjFns9qXZh429qBJsNyAeetB8BnvDD8GEUm6tSMP8rsil7y-Li2fBAJsbTM4FV91RcKiY7izMlbEYPRZQhB1mCRIOzZDDSiaQRFA8PezVOUDTPBxucHfNbR5BWzNoqY8X1aegODrdWAo4JQT1k_iYxzBWh6OKuGMG9Mbd0w40htH1CE4wRQPrjydlJN1Dz7aOp9UNVcsBPyP73SwZDuGgDV26fx_4_nM70JHwjnTxirmWq3r1iHz-1JT1M9RElKxItWwpaM5O3PDLbIlj5vpA4dzFX5DnBJ31lckI7Gy8GfVbfqODCkwr9VFEXYgdvAb8qZrv8Pqrlo17L-8t3LWLx3JjMkSq0dEi0QSd-xWS1bfxkq3d0M4dXfTnFX7qTIjlgVWz6NRc_Qr_KQ188Rww312BESXnZlqWxEMtgFqGXFe6HFAlpdoJYa9LiB4X5oYRgkE8F_l5F7Goy4edYjmGjUre7090dPyodmq8HD5tKMIQquDmhMHlHOO4rpnM7MoDapkFl6jXNrjV39K8BhQEVw8VIhCYyExUgsMIRcVvu4RtCQyZd33UxNSGoOzqR4G1gL4V9YuRCnw5qOUbmW26YQvojkjmHkUiEdYKvIC5zjKy01PPesK3nZtLhoBk8mGH52OE9bp=w687-h915-no

In order to post photos do they have to be hosted on photo bucket so you can use the URL? or should i be able to upload them from my desktop?

Thanks, i guess i still need to wait on that button to appear! :whistling:
Yea, that always seems to be a problem. Some say they got the button when they donated.

RPM, if you turn the crank one full turn won't that bring it back to exactly where it is right now?
Guy, if you are that far out of time with the cam and crank, how does it run so well?
I'm confused!!!

4 cycle Cam turn 1 times to crank 2 think if out 180 degrees he will know by it back firing through the carb. Fire in face.

To put it on number 1 TDC both intake and exhaust valves will be closed and piston at top. Then look at marks on crank and cam. They should be together--cam mark down and crank mark up.
Then install dist. with rotor pointing to number 1 on cap... and you can put #1 at any place on the cap if using funny wires or short ones that don't reach wher they are supposed to.
Normally #1 is about 1 o0clock on the dist. with the front of dist. pointing to the front of engine.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back