Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Guy From Minnesota

willys t

This is my first post. I'm building my first T bucket. I found this site to be very helpful. Currently I am in the process of working on the body. I built a mock up frame with 2 x 4's . Which I am glad I did it that way because I decided to already change it. Got a junk yard 8.8 Ford rear end w/ 3.7 gears with disc brakes and a locker. Just finished up shortening left side axle tube by 3 inches to center up the pinion. Also made several other parts, bat wings, four link axle brackets, etc. I started out with a 23 tub and cut the cowl off and am making a plug with Styrofoam block to look more like a 27 - (Like ex junks - by the way is the most beautiful car I have seen). Just finishing up on shaping the Styrofoam and start fiber glassing this week. Never have done this before....any tips?

Test the glass resin on the styrofoam! Most resins eat it up. You may need to put some kind of tape on it before you add the glass. Good luck with the project. I agree with you on Exjunks car!

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate it.

Jim

Test the glass resin on the styrofoam! Most resins eat it up. You may need to put some kind of tape on it before you add the glass. Good luck with the project. I agree with you on Exjunks car!

You can use masking tape or duct tape to save eating the styrofoam and you can also cover it with aluminum foil.

Jim

Welcome to the site from Michigan. We like to see pictures, so open a photo bucket account and post as soon as possiable. Enjoy the site and make yourself at home.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back