Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Guy from PA

TbucketMike

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hello, My name is Mike from North Eastern PA and I'm 34yrs old. Been into classic cars for a long time. I'm an OIdsmobile guy have a 68 and 72 Olds Cutlass. I've also built an 88 Mustang GT and a 93 Mustang Coupe. Have always been into the T-Buckets and have wanted to build one for a long time now and decided now's the time to build one. I'm now looking to buy a kit and build one myself. So far I like the packages that Spirit offers especially the 27T stage 3 kit. The only thing that holds me back on the 27T is I have a wife and 9 month old son and would like them to be able to cruise with me like they do in the other cars. I then found this forum and seen WINTEC Fabrication advertised here and they have a 4 seater T-bucket called the Wintec roadster. Has anybody bought this kit/body from Wintec? Are their kit's nice? Are there any other companies that sell kit's that I should give a look? I like Wintec also because CT isn't that far from PA and I could save on shipping. Thanks and looking forward to getting this project going!!!

Give Wintech a call. You'll like the guys there, and will bend over backwards to help you in any way. There are other places that sell them, but why not buy from the ones that support this Forum. There is enough info on this Forum from the multi talented people here, that you could build anything you want for a Bucket, even a Billet Trailer Hitch.

By the way, welcome and ask a lot of questions and don't forget to take lots of pictures!!

Welcome to the site. Great guys here. Always willing to help or learn.

Ron

Welcome! There's lots of cool guys and TONS of info here. Take a look around and make yourself at home. The camera is our friend.

Thanks guys!!! Looking forward to getting this project started. Going to call Wintec tomorrow as I have lots O questions. The only thing I noticed about Wintec's kit is it looks like they only offer it with SBC engine mounts. I have a 302 Ford from a 94 GT I'd like to use and even if I didn't use that engine I'd still like to put a Ford in a Ford. Here's a question if I use a late model engine say from a 94 GT mustang will the inspection place then try to make me put smog equipment on it? Would it be better to find a late 60's early 70's engine? I have to find out what PA requires. Also have lots of questions on how I go about getting my t-bucket titled after getting it built.

Welcome :tip: I look forward to seeing your build also. As far as registration, I would check with Wintec first.

Welcome to the forum, I'd suggest you check with your local DMV concerning licensing and titling before you even begin your build. That way there won't be any last minute surprises. It seems each state has different rules, here in Illinois my bucket was titled as a 23 Ford (back in 1967) and must meet the laws that were present in 1923.

Welcome. Where aer you from in PA? I have been to the Wintec store and the body they sell is one good looking unit. That will be my next build. Talk to the guys and I am sure they will build Ford mounts as they want to get the product out the door.

Ordered My 27T kit from Spirit yesterday!!!!!! Can't wait to get it!!! The guys at spirit are very nice. I ordered my kit from Josh who was very helpful. Should have it before Christmas!!! Is that a nice Christmas present to myself!?!? :good: :gum: :lol:

WMG I'm about 30 min north of Scranton PA.

Welcome from Easton Pa. - 30 min. north of Scranton makes you about 1-1/2 hrs from both WMG & myself. Sounds like a "T" bucket outing coming soon. I built a Total Performance 23T kit & would be glad to help where I can.

Spike

Like Spike said we are not that far away and there are a couple of other T's in the area we may have to get together next summer for bucket run. Good luck with the build

Welcome and congrats on the purchase of your Spirit kit. The guys at Spirit are top notch IMHO.
As a side note, my Dad's side of the family originated from Scranton, they were all coal miners. Went back there in '07, nothing has changed much there in the last 40 years.

Thanks guys!!! I'm happy to hear I have a couple fellow T Bucket owners close by!! I'm sure I will need your help! I can pay with beer!! LOL I've built a few muscle cars and a couple late model mustangs but I've never done anything like this. I can't wait! I just had my garage redone over the summer. Still trying to come up with a way to heat the garage. Probably will look for a used forced hot air furnace or maybe a wood pellet stove. I have no idea how I'm going to get the car home. It's being shipped to a truck terminal in Pittston PA. Josh said it comes on 3 large pallets/crates and I don't own a truck only an SUV and a car. I'm sure I can bribe a few of my friends though!! LOL :hi:

Welcome and congrats on the purchase of your Spirit kit. The guys at Spirit are top notch IMHO.
As a side note, my Dad's side of the family originated from Scranton, they were all coal miners. Went back there in '07, nothing has changed much there in the last 40 years.

Your right it hasn't changed much. This entire area was built on coal. Even the town I'm from wouldn't exist with out the coal era. Now they are drilling for natural gas so the area is booming ounce againl.

Congrats on the purchase...the Spirit guys are good folks! Don;t be afraid to ask any questions on this board...there is a lot of experience on here. Just for motivation, here is a before and after pic of my '27:
Bens2724.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

Car looks awesome Ben!!! Is that a spirit body? Do you have any trunk and interior pictures you would like to post?

Steve is correct, my body is a Poliform that is tastefully stretched about 5-1/2" inches. At the time I started my car, Spirit was not offering a '27, or I might have went that route. My car is also a bit different then the Spirits as I custom built the frame for my application. Here is a pic of the trunk area and one of the interior (sans steering wheel and windshield).

If you have some time, feel free to look at my photo archive for the build. It's not in any particular order, but you might it useful for your build:
http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae336/btgriffin/1927%20Ford%20Roadster%20Build/
DSCF1650.jpg

DSCF1648.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back