Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Guy from Titusville Fl

Well first bolt broke......where can I get that exact bolt for my hairpin rod?

Attachments

• 20200420_115910_compress12.jpg
    20200420_115910_compress12.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 36
Here is the bolt
Bolt hole is 3/8

Attachments

• 20200420_120305_compress54.jpg
    20200420_120305_compress54.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 33
Quick repair is a 3/8 grade 8 bolt from the hardware store. You want a bolt that is good in sheer strength, and a grade 8 should fit the bill. That particular bolt looks rather specialized, and may be difficult to replace. A chrome bolt/nut may come close, and I personally would opt for chrome over stainless for strength reasons.

Last edited:
You can get a grade 5 or better bolt, something that has a smooth shank and a couple of acorn nuts. Cut the threads enough so the acorn nut bottoms out on the thread side,so the nut ends up near the smooth shank. Cut the head off the bolt and cut some threads where the head use to be. Leave at least 3/8" of the shank smooth where it goes thru the bat wing (use a washer between the nuts and the bat wing) wire tie or lock tight the nuts.

I'm sure speedway has them

Quick repair is a 3/8 grade 8 bolt from the hardware store. You want a bolt that is good in sheer strength, and a grade 8 should fit the bill. That particular bolt looks rather specialized, and may be difficult to replace. A chrome bolt/nut may come close, and I personally would opt for chrome over stainless for strength reasons.

Or go with an ARP Polished Stainless bolt set (to keep with a similar appearance) . . . They have stainless 300 which is stronger than grade 8, and on par with 300M

Maybe just replace all 4 and they'll be the same and be worry free.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I will go with HenrysT idea. I was thinking doing the same thing.
Just strange I can't find that particular bolt....

One more thing. Who makes those brakes?

Attachments

• 20200421_080924_compress35.jpg
    20200421_080924_compress35.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 27
Who makes those brakes?

Tough to tell with no markings (polished off?) but they look similar to Wilwood units, or possibly Hurst/Airheart. Speedway even has some cast with their logo on them. Not much help, I know, but maybe you can find a mfr name or number somewhere on the caliper.

Look at the diameter of the pucks and the way they are held in then check at Speedway for something that will interchange. A lot of manufactures made their stuff fit existing pads. You may have to replace calipers and brackets with something still available. They look like old Hurst Airheart calipers used on midgets to me.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back