Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Guy from WI

Hello everyone, Justin Hunter here. Found this site in my searches for info on a bucket build. I live in Central WI and am new to this. I am a shade tree wrench/fabricator, but this is my first car build. I have always wanted to build a bucket, but will need a lot of advice and info help, so please forgive the newby questions. Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Justin

Welcome! Bucketheads love two things. Pictures and helping new bucketheads. You have found the Holey Grail of websites!

Welcome from St Louis, Justin. What are you planning to use for an engine?
engine block.jpg
(My 350 block from a '95 Chevy pickup.)

Welcome from Canada.
You will need ten post's to be able add pictures so best to answer some questions.
What are you starting with ?
Engine build ?

Welcome from California. T Buckets are a lot of fun. Both in building and in driving. As far as newby questions go just ask away. The only stupid question is the one that you don't ask. Everybody learns as we progress. We all started without having built one before.

Welcome from Racine Wisconsin. I learned a lot from the guys on this site. So ask, they are more than happy to help.

Wow, Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! I am going to pick away at this thing as time allows, and will be reading and learning on here in between. I started another post in a different section about my plans, but in a nutshell I am a Ford guy. I want to use as much Ford stuff as possible. I am going to run a 302 or a variation of it ;). I hope to shorten an 8.8 and will most likely run an auto trans. The more I read, the more I am realizing that I don't really know anything about building one of these things. But thats the journey and the experience. Thanks again for the welcome guys!

Justin

Welcome from Indy! If you're going to build a T, you should go to one of the many NTBA (National T-Bucket Alliance) events this year. There will be one in Green Bay just after the 4th of July (July 6-8). There will probably be at least 30-40 cars there - maybe more? We're driving all 3 of our T's up there for that event. Even if you don;'t have a car yet, you can see the many ways people build them and get a sense on what you want (and don't want!). You can go to National T-Bucket Alliance for more info. Here are the 2017 events:
2017-Events-Postera.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back