Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New guy in San Diego

BigBen

Hey everyone,
My name is Ben and I am a mechanic by trade and a hot rodder by choice. I have built several model A and Ts over the years. I just picked up my first T bucket and wanted to join here and pick up all I can on building it. This looked like the best place to be, so here I am. I'm looking forward to being part of this site!
Thanks in advance
Ben

Welcome from St Louis, Ben. What I see in your avatar picture looks like a pretty traditional T-bucket with split 'bones, buggy spring in rear, and pickup bed. What are you going to use for a power train?

Welcome from Oklahoma !!! ThumbsUp.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Spanky, I'm still mulling over the options but I have the frame and the suspension, I might make some changes after I mock it up. The rear end I got with this project is a 57 buick rear that looks like it was in a dragster at some point. It has a ring gear guard on the back and it's really narrow (around 40 inches so I will need to get a different one by the looks of it. I can go one of 2 ways with the drive train, either small block ford or chevy. The deciding factor will be which one I have to buy less parts for. Hopefully I'll be able to get started in the next month if everything goes well.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back