Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Guy with a non traditional Lakester inspired build

c4vette

Hello Everyone, My name is John. I'm in the Adirondack Mtns of NY. I'm an avid car guy, have had a large number of vehicles and have built a number of cars from scratch. I had a traditional Tbucket with a steel body, 289 ford engine with C4 trans when I was a teenager. At that time I lived in Phoenix, AZ. It was my only car. I couldn't make it through a Phoenix summer with it so I had to sell it. :) It
s time for me to have another Hot Rod.

I have always liked Lakester style T's. And, have always liked sports cars. Cars with good handling. I'm attempting to combine the two. I've started a build my Sport Rod. I'm using C4 independent suspension front and back with a small block Chevy engine. I know that having independent front suspension is not the look that most people like. If there is interest in my build I'm happy to post pictures as I go along. In the mean time I'm going to check out the threads and posts on this site.

Having fun.

pictures are alway welcome, as are T Bucket nuts.

Welcome from St Louis, John! T-rods are just about the most fun you can have vertical!!!:laugh::roflmao::D

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I was in the shop a couple of hours this morning working on the frame. Now, watching football and resting. Because of a couple of heart attacks and a recent knee replacement I'm working at a slower pace these days. Fortunately I'm pretty much retired so I have time to work on my car.

Welcome aboard! This isn't a strictly traditional site so there is a lot of leeway in whats acceptable to post.
Your car sounds interesting and should handle...half decent! ;) :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back