Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Guy

Welcome, Jay! This place can give you lots of advice, some of it good! :rolleyes::roflmao: Seriously, what are your plans for your T?

T Bucket Body
910-65420 Brake backing plates (pr)
910-65400 Brake drums (2)
900-2000 T grille shell--extra deep
910-76256 11-gallon spun aluminum tank
911-27001 Model A taillights (2)
910-64017 Economy 12-circuit wiring harness
916-55011 Spoon throttle pedal
Medium Arch Transverse Rear Leaf Spring, Reverse Eye, 38 Inch
Weld-On Shock Eye For Tie-Rod Shocks, Triangular
Spring-Behind 6 In Drop Tube Axle
1928-48 Ford Steel Spindle
Radiator
283/PG
SBC Lakester Headers
Rear Radius Rod Kit T Bucket
Panhard Bar kit
T Bucket Chassis
Rear Axle Mounting Brackets
Rear Leaf Spring Perch
Wheels 15x6 / 15x7
Vega Steering Box(Sae-Speed)
T-Bucket Plain Steering Column Kit
Competition 2 Inch Dish Steering Wheel 15"
Coker Classic | 2 3/4 Inch Whitewall | 560-15
Firestone Dragster Cheater Slick | 2 1/4 Inch Whitewall | 1000-15

I am, but I need to get the pieces together, so I can understand how to get the rear to sit that flat.
I am looking at the $350 frame kit from eBay, then modded it so the rear can sit.
I also don't understand how the body is attached to the frame.
Thinking it will be navy blue, with a brown interior.

Welcome from the Caribbean, mon . . . . :cool:

Have you thought about a kit from one of the site sponsors . . . . that way everything fits together properly from the get-go, not having to come up with a plan B or C when tab A doesn't fit into slot B, and they can tailor a package just to meet your needs.

Darlene

I would not pay for a frame and cut it up. If you are confident in your ability to fix one why not start with a clean sheet of paper so to speak? I think you can get enough steel for under $200.

I also don't understand how the body is attached to the frame.

The plywood floor is fiberglassed to the body, then attached to the frame. Mine is held to the frame by 4 well nuts, which is a common way to do it.

Okay, the body I am looking at is an non channeled one from Speedway.
And the frame is a kit from eBay, for $350. Looks like Id have to adjust the rake in the back, to get the rear to sit lower to the ground.
If someone has a good link to a frame that is built, or DIY, like I am thinking, LMK.
So my vision is to have one like my avatar photo, but the frame, suspension would be black. Wheels would be black steelies, wide whites, maybe a dish hub cap. Then paint the car as close to Ferrari's Tour De France Blue, with a dark brown rustic leather on the inside. I think Id dress the 283/Power-glide up to like someone just pulled it out of a Vette, and stuck it in there.

This is not going to be done tomorrow. I am thinking a year or so from now. Just going to collect parts, and then work with friends to put it together.
I shoot dirt track racing from April to Sept, and then work full time on top of that, and I have a family at home.

I just traded my fun car in for a 2019 Civic, and that was a 2014 500C Abarth, with 200whp.
I've always been in to hot rods, and even more now with Eastern Iowa having great shows like Retro Rewind and Torque Fest.

Ive never done something like this, but Ive always wanted to.

Okay, the body I am looking at is an non channeled one from Speedway.
And the frame is a kit from eBay, for $350. Looks like Id have to adjust the rake in the back, to get the rear to sit lower to the ground.
If someone has a good link to a frame that is built, or DIY, like I am thinking, LMK.

Speedway has a good frame setup for your kind of build. They call it Tribute T, and it has the proper "kickup" and axle drop to get you low down. Of course, you could also have RPM build one to match the Tribute stance, and Ron (eztbucket) is a sponsor. ;)

Tribute T.jpg

You are saying I could message them, eztbucket, tell them what I am looking for, and they could help me?

Picking up my first part this weekend, found a Powerglide for $100, and then I am going to have it rebuilt, and clean it up.

They are the ones selling the kit I am looking at.
Itll prob be spring when I jump on the frame, body, front end.

Gathering all the small stuff first, then moving on to the big stuff.

Now, are front drums really $400+ for the 27?
Or is there a cheaper way to do it?

Ron Pope Motorsports
(865) 932-7541

One of Sponsors at top of page.

They are the ones selling the kit I am looking at.
Itll prob be spring when I jump on the frame, body, front end.

Gathering all the small stuff first, then moving on to the big stuff.

Now, are front drums really $400+ for the 27?
Or is there a cheaper way to do it?
Just a suggestion fwiw, look into procuring all of your suspension parts from a single manufacturer or better yet from an independent merchant such as RPM, Spirit, CCR, etc, who actually builds and, or uses the parts. It might cost a bit more in cash, but will save you much aggravation, time, energy, etc in the long run. You will find that there are many variations in design and fit between various suppliers. Just my $.02 worth, take it or leave it!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back