Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New here, from Little Rock, Arkansas

Sick23T

Just wanted to say thanks for the add, I look forward to chatting with y'all. I've got plenty of questions coming. LOL.

Terry G

Thanks all. The car is Total Performance car, 383 Stroker, Weiand Tunnel Ram with dual 450's, Turbo 350 trans, 10 bolt rear. Going to transplant a new motor after this season with a blown small block. Before that I do want to transition it to a big tire car, which is where The majority of my questions come in. Wheel size, offset, how tall can I go with side mounted tail lights?

I love the width, but way to tall. My tail lights are mounted on the side. I am in love with the Mickey Thompson SRs. I would like a wider stance, and I am ok staying about where I am in tire height, it's the offset that I am unsure of in order to fit a wider tire.

Maybe this will help. Found on here in Suspensions thread.
Backset.JPG
Backset.JPG

This is great, thanks.

Thanks should go to 409T-----His work.

And if you want to know how to check a wheels offset, lay the rim only face down[pretty sidedown] and lay a straight edge across the back side[facing up] and then measure to the flat center where the bolt holes are. That will be your back spacing number usually measured in inches and 1/2 inches.

There is a picture of this somewhere.

Last edited:
rear end.JPG

When measuring backspace yes I always want to include the tire clearance including the bulge.

And that is what Sick23T will have to account for with side mounted tail lights---if he can make it work and IF it will fit in a car trailer--perhaps, dunno?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back