Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

new here

freaktrucker

hi everyone Great Forum glad i stumbled upon it!
well ima big greaser. love automotive and lookin too
build a bucket on a budget and was wondering
what u lowbuck guys have in your buckets.
im 28 still a pup in some eyes thats ok with me.

Welcome Freaktrucker

You will here from tfeverfred on this topic. He's made some pretty good deals while building his t. He has one very good looking project going on.

thomas:)

Welcome aboard, Freaktrucker! Glad to see you made it.

I'm working on my first T Bucket and having a blast! probably one of the first things you might do is get an idea of what you want her to look like. Then, figure out if you want to buy a basic kit, one that was started, but abandoned or go piece by piece. I had to go piece by piece due to a fixed budget and my initial enthusiasm I could have saved up the money for a kit, but when I get an urge to do something, I usually act so I won't talk myself out of it. Also, going piece by piece enabled me to concentrate on what I was doing and plan my next move. You'll have to decide for yourself how you want to go.

There are so many directions you can go with these cars, that it all boils down to your own personal taste. I have been wanting to build one of these cars for over 30 years:eek:. I finally got motivated last year to take the plunge and I have never regretted it. If you're looking for something that's relativly easy to build and learn from, then you made a great choice.

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask. There are a few guys on here with a few T Buckets under their belts and the amount of knowledge can sometimes be overwhelming, but I have learned that there is no such thing as knowing too much.

So, get going and when you start........POST PICS! We LOVE to look at pics!:lol:

Welcome to the site. Not much I can add to what the other guys said. We're all here to help and brag, so join in when you feel the need.

freaktrucker said:
yes tfeverfred thats about exactly what i have a idea for
the pic on your members page what frame did you decide too use?

I used a Total Performance frame. I used their front suspension and rear radius rods and watts linkage setup. The main reason for going with their front suspension and rear set up was because it is setup for their frame and I didn't have the tools or knowledge to experiment with other suspension setups.

It is a really well done frame. The welds were fantastic. I had planned on having to grind welds down, but they were impecable. You don't have to go with their whole setup as far as suspension, motor and tranny mounts. Their frame lends itself to experimentation. As a good foundation, it looks great to me.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have already gotten some great advice so I will not add anything. Great to see so many new members coming on. Look forward to helping you out with your projects.

Welcome.
I got nothing to add either, just hang out and learn:rock:

Vance

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back