Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New in Memphis

I am also in Tennessee outside Nashville. I purchased a 27 body from this guy on Ebay last year.

I tried to post a link with no success. Just try a search on Ebay using this string.
27 Lakester Ford Roadster fiberglass body

xx-60-jpg.3373817

Now that I’m finally at 10 posts I can share a little inspiration. This one is a larger version of my avatar. What size rims do you guys think? 17”?

What size rims do you guys think? 17”?

Given that most of these T-bucket hot rods have a rather stiff ride quality, a lot of us look for little ways to improve that - tire pressures, spring rates, etc. One consideration is the sidewall flex of the tires you choose, and there is more flex with a tall tire on a smaller (15 inch) rim. Just my 2 cents . . . :cool:

if you build it, you will like it, take your time
I read somewhere to look at it for a long time as you test build some of it
that has been what ive been doing
the jeep took 4 years
my t truck has been on 1.5*3 wood frame for a year measuring and thinking
built a shop just to build this new ride
donor is 1995 v8 thunderbird and 1920 ish model a truck bed
I just received a rpm entire front end kit 3 months ago.
I think I am close to buying my frame metal

Greetings and welcome from Michigan....where it snowed today....bye bye bucket...see you in the spring. You have joined a great board with great people like Spanky and Darlene....have fun!

Greetings and welcome from Michigan....where it snowed today....bye bye bucket...see you in the spring. You have joined a great board with great people like Spanky and Darlene....have fun!

Thanks for the compliment Mich, but I'm a newbie, at least to T buckets, and there are so many here with decades of bucket building experience and knowledge to look up to and seek advice from, those guys should always be the first line of inquiry

By the way, anybody know if Spirit will provide a VIN and title if I buy just the body? I keep seeing in my search that they provide it with their kits, but nothing about buying a body.

Ran across this video today of a 27 with a pickup bed:

A lot more modern with IFS, but a nice restomod idea non-the-less.

Darlene

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back