Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New master cylinder time.

LarryH

I need to replace the master cylinder on the T-Bucket. It has 4 wheel disc (what i think might be VW Type 2 disc in front and Corvette rears). According to Gene Snow over at Snow White Ltd. the current master cylinder is from some type of very old British car. And noway i can find a rebuild kit for it.

I don't want to do any major fabrication right now i'm just looking for a simple master cylinder swap. The old MC is a single chamber. I'm looking at this one from Wilwood...
Garage Sale - Wilwood Combination Remote Master Cylinder Kit - 1 Inch
....and maybe a proportioning valve. I could make a simple adapter plate to bolt it to the existing bolt holes in the frame.

I'm open to suggestions. I want the car to be safe so if i have to use a whole different master cylinder/brake pedal/brake mount i will (i'ld have to remove the body. My eyes are to old to see how to weld underneath a car). But i prefer not to at this time.

Any suggestions?

Any pics of current master you can find kits for just about anything these days.

This has nothing to do with your question ,but are snow and white still in busness I tried calling them awhile back but number I had has been disconneted. Thanks JIm

jimsopals said:
...are snow and white still in busness .

The number on their business card is the same as their web site, 559-253-1928

According to Gene Snow the master cylinder is off of a full size British car not something like an MG, Triumph, Austin Healey, etc.

I wish it was that easy. Here's the disassembled master cylinder. Unless someone knows where to get parts for this thing.

personally I would not have a rebuilt master cylinder. Spend the few bucks more and get a new one. Don't trust your life to a fly by night rebuilt mc.

A 68 Mustang non power brakes unit is a good double reservoir master cylinder. About $44 new.

LarryH said:
I wish it was that easy. Here's the disassembled master cylinder. Unless someone knows where to get parts for this thing.

Totally off topic here but I just rebuilt the master cylinder in my 4-Wheeler and it looks damn near identical....

I just replaced my master cylinder two months ago, I went to a local NAPA parts store
and they were able to id it by the casting numbers and a picture catalog. Next time I will go with a cylinder setup from RPM.
John

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back