Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Member from KC...27’ T-Bucket

How many types of water pumps did Ford provide for a 302 V8?

• Way to many!

Votes: 4 66.7%

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I second the welds looking not good.....You may be your life ahead with a new Axle set up.....then you will know what you have, simple..........

Ok, I didn't want to be the first to have something negative to say .....

Having the trailer hitch tied to the axle housing seems to be something not usually done !

upload_2020-9-2_18-13-22.png

You have a lot of things to think about before driving this TBucket.

Having the trailer hitch tied to the axle housing seems to be something not usually done !

I hate being negative or critical of someone's project too, but I see it as constructive criticism, helping a fellow T Bucketeer and hopefully avoiding a devastating accident or a bad handling T. I was looking at the front end in the pics, that rear spring looks like it's hitting the axle tubes in that pic.

View attachment 19440

The hitch, as different as it is, does not concern me, but the front axle, spindles, etc do. Personally, not being critical to be negative, but I wouldn’t waste any time, effort, or cash on it as it sits. Get a correct axle and spindles, etc so you have a reasonable chance of making it drivable... safely and comfortably.

Is there just that 1 rod on each side of the rear end to keep it located . . . no lateral control and stressing the spring to keep it located . . .

A lot needs to be looked at and critically evaluated before spending money here . . . .

So many things we find scary as hell today, but were almost backyard routine 50 or 60 years ago, and apparently, hot rodders generally survived them . . . .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back