Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New member from MN

mhamden

Hello everyone. This looks like a happening forum with a good amount of members. A little about myself I'm 30 years old been in the Army going on 14 years and I love it. Been a recruiter since 2007. I've always been a fan of old hot rods and old Harleys. I don't own a T-bucket yet but do own a 71 Harley shovelhead custom built into a softail frame. Anyways signed up looking for some ideas on T-buckets. Talked it over with my old lady and in a few years after our next move wife has giving me the ok to start a T-bucket. Been looking at speedway motors. Looking through the diffrent T-bucket body types the one I am leaning towards building right now off there website is the Deluxe '27 T-bucket kit. Want to run a SBC in it. Figure next place I go will be a good time to start and hopefully atleast get it into a roller while I'm there. Got a good idea in my mind of what I want but who knows in a few years when I start which direction I will go.

Welcome mhamden. I'm new too, but your job got my attention. I'm going on 22 years in the Air Force, and I think a T is just the thing to keep my mind off work while home!

You've definitely come to the right place if you plan on building a T. Lots of info and help without any attitude. There is no such thing as a dumb question here so ask away.

Jim

Welcome from Indy. I'm a fan of the '27 as both dad and I have one. Speedway bodes are nice, but don't overlooks Spirit's '27 body and frame kit as well.

Welcome from Indy. I'm a fan of the '27 as both dad and I have one. Speedway bodes are nice, but don't overlooks Spirit's '27 body and frame kit as well.
Been looking at at his as well will take a couple yeara once U start with them to get a frame one tax season and body another.

Welcome from Florida! take your time, ask lots of questions, and most of all.....make it safe!

Main reason I'm looking at Speedway Motors is I can go and pickup the frame and body kit I choose when I go back to Missiouri to visit my family and then don't have to pay for shipping that way. Lincoln, NE is only a couple hour drive from my parents house. But depending where I'm sent to next if I know I will be going through Arkansas and it won't be to far off my route maybe I will go through Spirit instead or if I'm sent somewhere with one of the other forum venders. I would prefer to find a steel body then fiberglass but if fiberglass is all I can find in my price range I will stick with that.

Hello mhamden,

I am in MN and I have a T-Bucket for sale. It is a fresh car with about 1000 miles on it. Very traditional looking, like it ran on the dry lakes after WWII, Lakes Roadster style. I have it listed on Minneapolis craigslist. It is listed as a 1027 Model T Roadster Hot Rod.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back