Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Member in west Central Indiana

Is that pronounced 'shure or 'shire?

Well it all depends on whether you are a native of the state or just ended up here but if you talk to some of the old farmers, it won't sound like either.:roflmao:
People born here pronounce it as shire and others shure.:whistling: Farmers...well that's hard to spell if even it could be. :whistling:

Welcome from another Hoosier. I haven't been on here much as my build was derailed soon after buying some parts. Hoping to get back to it this winter.

Welcome from the west side of Indy!
Ben, I am in Brownsburg on the west side of Indy. Is there a Indy t-bucket group? It would be pretty cool to see some t-buckets in person.

Thanks,
Jamie

I don't think there is. We have two '27s and a '23 between me, dad and my uncle.

I will tell you that we are planning an Indy regional T-bucket event for next fall. I'll have more to announce in a week or so, but we may be able to get a group started out of that.
Drop me a PM sometime and maybe we can help out on your build. Check out our '23 project "Purple Powder Pickup" in the projects forum. We hope to debut it at the Indy World of Wheels in February.

Welcome from another Hoosier. I haven't been on here much as my build was derailed soon after buying some parts. Hoping to get back to it this winter.

Ben, I am in Brownsburg on the west side of Indy. Is there a Indy t-bucket group? It would be pretty cool to see some t-buckets in person.

Thanks,
Jamie

Hi Jamie, I'm just down the road in Crawfordsville. There are several rods under construction and we've developed quite a cadre of suppliers to support our habit. There is a guy here that does a nice job of powder coating and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I'm in Floria now but will return at the end of March. Thanks, Fred

I don't think there is. We have two '27s and a '23 between me, dad and my uncle.

I will tell you that we are planning an Indy regional T-bucket event for next fall. I'll have more to announce in a week or so, but we may be able to get a group started out of that.
Drop me a PM sometime and maybe we can help out on your build. Check out our '23 project "Purple Powder Pickup" in the projects forum. We hope to debut it at the Indy World of Wheels in February.

That would be great to have a local T-bucket event. I would really like to see some T's up close. I have always liked them, but I haven't really been around them much. I will be looking for your announcement and I will check out your Purple Powder Pickup build.

Thank,
Jamie

Hi Jamie, I'm just down the road in Crawfordsville. There are several rods under construction and we've developed quite a cadre of suppliers to support our habit. There is a guy here that does a nice job of powder coating and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I'm in Floria now but will return at the end of March. Thanks, Fred

Hey Fred,

I ride my motorcycle through Crawfordsville quite a bit, I like the area. Does the guy doing the powder coating have a website? I was thinking about getting my wheels powder coated, but I didn't think I would be able to afford it. I am definitely going for a budget build.

Thanks,
Jamie

Hey Fred,

I ride my motorcycle through Crawfordsville quite a bit, I like the area. Does the guy doing the powder coating have a website? I was thinking about getting my wheels powder coated, but I didn't think I would be able to afford it. I am definitely going for a budget build.

Thanks,
Jamie
Hi Jamie, He's still a part timer withe the powder coat so he has no website. His name is Mendenhal and he lives down at Parkersburg. I talked to him about coating some 16" spoke wheels and he quoted me $60.00 each to media blast and coat any color. Sounds OK to me. See you in the spring. Fred

Hi Jamie, He's still a part timer withe the powder coat so he has no website. His name is Mendenhal and he lives down at Parkersburg. I talked to him about coating some 16" spoke wheels and he quoted me $60.00 each to media blast and coat any color. Sounds OK to me. See you in the spring. Fred

Thanks for the info Fred. Take care.

Jamie

Great to hear from you!! Do you know my friend Walter Kelly outside of Brookston?
A belated welcome to the T-Bucket Forums, Fred. Somehow, I missed this thread, until now.

Is Walt still at it? I've not seen him in several years. He was always messing around with those wee, 215 inch Buick motors, but if I remember correctly, he was finally throwing in the towel and moving toward an aluminum block SBC. I managed an NAPA store in West Lafayette for sever years, back in the late-70's and early-80's, where I first met Walt. I ended up working in a local speed shop that did machine work on Walt's stuff. Talk about a guy that had a lot of irons in the fire, that was certainly Walt. If you talk to him, tell him Mike, who worked at K-Motion, said howdy.

That is great Ben. I saw the preliminary plans for a regional in Indy this fall on the NTBA website. Can't wait for any details. I'd love to bring my little ride to that event later this year and make some new friends!!

That is great Ben. I saw the preliminary plans for a regional in Indy this fall on the NTBA website. Can't wait for any details. I'd love to bring my little ride to that event later this year and make some new friends!!

Details soon, but here is what we know:
Date: last weekend in September- 24,25,&26 (thurs, fri, sat)

The event will run under the NTBA banner, but membership is not required- no cost to attend. This is open to all that want to attend.

This will be a three day event with daily cruises, a couple shop tours, an Indy 500 museum trip, and some other events plus dinner cruises, ice cream runs, and evening beer drinking B.S. Sessions. These "regional" events are a lot of fun and we hope to make this a yearly event. You definitely have to put this on your calendar!

Welcome from Wisconsin. Seems like a lot of Hoosiers on this sight. Feel kind of lonely being from the badger state. Glad we have beer and brats. Pictures are worth a thousand words and you don't have to worry about the spelling.

Welcome from Wisconsin. Seems like a lot of Hoosiers on this sight. Feel kind of lonely being from the badger state. Glad we have beer and brats. Pictures are worth a thousand words and you don't have to worry about the spelling.

Hey Rubicon...its not all bad in Wisconsin, you have the NTBA nationals this summer in Green Bay! Cool!

Details soon, but here is what we know:
Date: last weekend in September- 24,25,&26 (thurs, fri, sat)

The event will run under the NTBA banner, but membership is not required- no cost to attend. This is open to all that want to attend.

This will be a three day event with daily cruises, a couple shop tours, an Indy 500 museum trip, and some other events plus dinner cruises, ice cream runs, and evening beer drinking B.S. Sessions. These "regional" events are a lot of fun and we hope to make this a yearly event. You definitely have to put this on your calendar!

Awesome news Ben, thanks for sharing!! This is the same hotel that hosts the Indy Road Rocket Rumble, I think isn't it? Also, I like the format...the beer B.S. sessions sound great! I'll definitely plan on attending the regional. Pls let me know if I can do anything to help with planning or set up.

Good Luck with the build and welcome to the Forum; lots of nice people here. Sounds like your car will be a lot of fun...

Glad we have beer and brats.
Drat! See what you went and did? Now you've got me wishing I could get up to the Brat Stop for a couple brats and a cocktail. We always used to stay at that exit, whenever we were running the points meet at Union Grove. I don't know what it is that makes them so good, but those are about the best brats I've ever eaten. If ever you're in the neighborhood, stop in and have one or two for me. :thumbsup:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back