Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Edd

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest. I have been reading archives since last summer, and finally decided I should introduce myself. Having done my due diligence with the archives, I thought I might now be able to ask a few questions. I assume that, instead of beginning here, I should save them for the appropriate forum. I traded for this T-bucket project that I got licensed and started driving last summer. I now have to finish it up - like it will ever really be finished. This car was reputedly begun in the late 60's, going through at least four owners before me. Some of them did nice work, others ... not so much. I notice that it isn't built with the same common components that I see on most of the T-buckets here. Nothing dramatic, just different. There is a small maple leaf formed into the tailgate, which I hope might be a clue as to the manufacturer of the body. Anyway, I am really impressed with the knowledge represented through the members of this site, as well as the members' willingness to take the time to help others. I hope to be a help where I can, but right now I have these burning questions!

Welcome to the forum from Yukon Oklahoma. Hope you can find your heritage.

Hey guys - thanks for the greetings! I believe what you say must be true "Old Round". Its great to talk to folks in the heartland and beyond! Butch 27, I thought the same thing regarding the maple leaf on my tailgate, especially with my close proximity to the Canadian border. I haven't been able to find the link yet however. I'm going to trot over to the Suspension forum and post a burning question I have regarding some wire wheels I bought used. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I'm able to.
Ed

Welcome from northern Illinois.

Well Martin72, I finished following the lead you found, to the extent I could. I believe that my body tub, if not more, was produced by Dave Teale dba Ramrod Fiberglass Reproductions. At least that is the name he is using now back in Ontario, Canada. Apparently he has closed up shop and moved around a few times. At one time he was building these bodies across the line from here in BC. Supposedly, the little maple leaf in the lower right hand corner of the tailgate was his trademark. It is quite unmistakable, and I would post a picture of it if I could. If anyone is interested, I will when I can. The body itself is smooth, without any door moldings, and has quite a taper from the top of the body to the floor. Horton Speed Parts sells his products, but there is no listing for a t-bucket body through Hortons, or through Ramrod fiberglass Reproductions. I'll probably find someone who knows more about these Ramrod bodies up north. That was a good lead you gave me!
Ed

I'm glad that helped. And yes, post pictures as soon as you can. I think you only need 10 posts, and it looks like you have 8 already. Just a couple of quick posts should work.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back